• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BB Playbook owners amuse me

omnius

Android Enthusiast
Mar 24, 2011
Canada
Just got mine this week. I'm getting a lot of lulz from other owners though. Apparently it hasn't dawned on these people that you don't need 64 GB storage for what is essentially a glorified pocket web browser. Apparently BB die hards have never heard of portable hard drive storage. or laptops. I suspect most of them were part of that big Playbook fire sale and grabbed up a cheaper priced tablet and are using it as a cheap alternative to the laptop they can't afford.

Yes, that is so. Call me a "college kid" but it really bothers me how people just don't take the time to research a product. I drooled for the Playbook until I researched it and found out that it wasn't what I wanted.
When I found out about the portable wireless hard drive all I could really see was an extra $200 and an extra device that needed to be lugged around. It kind of sealed the deal for me and I'm pretty settled on getting a Toshiba even though I just nabbed a Chinese tablet because it's got the works, we'll see how it does performancewise. It's not because we can't afford a laptop, we've got a laptop and a netbook, but I want something I can take with me everywhere.

Sorry I'm not a PB owner, but thought I'd throw my 2 cents your way anyhow. I do agree that people should research I mean, YouTube is RIGHT THERE if you can't be bothered reading reviews.

Upvote 0
IMO the BB Playbook was effectively stillborn, although not nearly as bad as the ill-fated and much publicised JooJoo tablet from last year. Think it was on TWiT, they suspected that the Playbook might have been deliberately crippled on the orders of RIM's top executives, they wanted it to fail.

No email on a product from a company that founded its whole business with email and messaging devices...like WTF!!!

Upvote 0
IMO the BB Playbook was effectively stillborn, although not nearly as bad as the ill-fated and much publicised JooJoo tablet from last year. Think it was on TWiT, they suspected that the Playbook might have been deliberately crippled on the orders of RIM's top executives, they wanted it to fail.

No email on a product from a company that founded its whole business with email and messaging devices...like WTF!!!

This must be why I read rumors that RIM's PB "failure" would exit them from the tablet market.
So then the 1/2 price cut was part of the whole plan.

So is RIM on some kind of decline? Seemingly their decisions haven't been good ones. Though, I don't believe they suffered any losses on their PB's.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones