• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BB Secondwave process...

So day 1 has come and gone, and I'm wonding how BB is going to handle the Second 'coing' so to speak...

Are people going to be expected to just show up (presumnig they were already put on a schedule/list) or going to call people to confirm once they get the next shipment in?

...anyone talked with someone at BB about this yet, guesses etc?

I was on the second wave at best buy. I called last week and they said they want to get the first wave handled and then worry about the second wave. This means they will call either sunday or monday to set up an appointment.

Fortunately I got a call from my local best buy and they said they had extra and i could pick mine up!

Upvote 0
So day 1 has come and gone, and I'm wonding how BB is going to handle the Second 'coing' so to speak...

Are people going to be expected to just show up (presumnig they were already put on a schedule/list) or going to call people to confirm once they get the next shipment in?

...anyone talked with someone at BB about this yet, guesses etc?

i am in the second wave, and i am going to show up an hour before they open, so i might be close to the front of the line, because i then have to drive 2 hours to then get to work

Upvote 0
<nod> I'm just curious/hoping that there may be a chance of them coming earlier.

Spent 8 days, fighting with comcast because of signal issues... intermittent TV and internet the whole time, and while not at bad it's not completely fixed yet. (they're the only broadband option at this point here), be nice if I had a backup option.

Upvote 0
BB Mobile manager told me last week they will be setting up appointments for the second wave as the phones come in. Supposed to get another shipment on 6/9 but might get drop shipped before then.

at my local store, they had already setup appointment times...
was told to check on the 4th for extras (obviously there weren't, or not enough) and a possibility of shipment was mentioned.. but no mentioned if they'd call etc.

Upvote 0
Tonight was actually the last night for second wave pre orders to be put in. I actually did three 2 minutes before closing >.>

They are being done in the order in which you signed up. Some stores aren't done with their first shipment yet ,I can only speak for my store, we have two more Evos to be done tomorrow for the first wave (We had to do it over three days because of the amount of preorders).

Also, don't forget to ask your Store about Instant ship, we can actually do the activation through the store, you pay for it, and it gets shipped to your house. It comes from the warehouse and not the store, so doesn't the stores amount that we get :)

Hope that clears up some questions, feel free to ask anymore if you have them!

Reactions: RoadkillStewie
Upvote 0
I was wondering about that, found it hard to believe that they'd be able (even w/o the sprint system problems) to get em all knocked out in one day. I presume them, there's some tracking methodology done when the $/gift card done that enables ya'll to keep track of pre-order dates etc.

... on an side, have ya'll had much in the way of cancellations?

Upvote 0
They will have atleast have 1 cancellation from me when I get the call. I had preordered for my wife and I in then second wave but decided to hit up RS on Friday morning. I was able to score 2 phones before the 6am preorder even got to his appointment.

I think I have just about talked my dad into one of the preorders at BB and will probably cancel the other.

Upvote 0
I was wondering about that, found it hard to believe that they'd be able (even w/o the sprint system problems) to get em all knocked out in one day. I presume them, there's some tracking methodology done when the $/gift card done that enables ya'll to keep track of pre-order dates etc.

... on an side, have ya'll had much in the way of cancellations?

Yeah, we have a timestamp for each when each preorder was done. We reprint the receipt and staple it to the paper you fill out, and order it by the timestamp on it. Then we write down the name in order, then make the call list off of it. It's pretty fun, at least I think so =P

We had at least three cancellations the first day, two the second day. A few got theirs at the sprint store, and the rest didn't show up/respond to our calls. Oh well, second wave people got them instead :)

If the Incredible for Verizon is any indication, we will be doing preorders for the next month to make sure we get that many in stock. As of right now there is 0 in the warehouse.

Oh! I talked to the sprint activations guy yesterday, and he said they did 800,000 activations on friday. Take it for what it's worth :)

Reactions: RoadkillStewie
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones