1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

BBC iPlayer App Now in the Android Market

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by phandroid, Feb 10, 2011.

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot

A few days ago, we learned that the British Broadcasting Corporation would be bringing out an Android version of their iPlayer app that streams radio and TV to your phones and tablets. We also received a preliminary launch date to look forward to: February 10th. Checking my calendar, today was supposed to be the day [...]

More...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Audiobear

Audiobear Member

Despite limitations (Android 2.2, Wifi, and UK only, the app works well. :) TV programmes can be viewed in low, medium of high quality resolutions.

Would be nice if the first 2 requirements could be relaxed although a good data plan would be needed for the TV streaming

3. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Android Expert

hmm wonder if there is a way to get it working in Ireland :(

4. paulos1990

paulos1990 Newbie

Works brilliant for me (I'm in the uk) just need 4od and itv catchup and we will never need a tv again :).

5. Audiobear

Audiobear Member

BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and others have been working on an internet TV service. Initially called Project Canvas and now dubbed YouView, its launch is delayed until 2012. It will need a set-top box (another one!) and will run iPlayer-type catch-up viewing via a broadband connection.

I'm unclear whether the free iPlayer service will end or be phased out (I hope not!) once YouView is up and running. Or whether YouView will be a paid-for service although I suspect that may be the case in order to pay for all the development costs. Watch this space in 12 months time ...

6. BitHeroes

BitHeroes Newbie

This :(

7. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Android Expert

we have an ireland sux thread in the Lounge dont worry