• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BBC Iplayer

colin4unow

May 29, 2010
London UK
Hi all.
Ok so the BBC has launched an iplayer app for android. But this requires android 2.2 and flash. so what if you have an older device that can't run flash ? . Ok try this download the skyfire web browser then using skyfire just search for the BBC iplayer web page ... then just enjoy....I use this method on my flytouch 2 running android 2.1 and it works great.....I recommend Top Gear..

Hi all.
Ok so the BBC has launched an iplayer app for android. But this requires android 2.2 and flash. so what if you have an older device that can't run flash ? . Ok try this download the skyfire web browser then using skyfire just search for the BBC iplayer web page ... then just enjoy....I use this method on my flytouch 2 running android 2.1 and it works great.....I recommend Top Gear..

To download and use the app you'll need a device that uses Android version 2.2 and has Adobe Flash 10.1 Player installed.If you have an older version of the Android platform, you need to upgrade it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones