1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

BBC to survey UK mobile coverage with app ,take part and highlight how poor 3G coverage really is.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rigsby, Jul 18, 2011.

1. rigsby

rigsby Newbie
    None

May 16, 2010
    BBC News - BBC to survey UK mobile coverage

in partnership with the BBC, network analysis firm Epitiro have released an app on the marketplace (UK 3G SURVEY) which tracks your location and logs if you are connected to 2G or 3G.

I think its going to be a month long trial so the more users we can get on board the better the map will be.

I know the app drains the battery a little quicker because the gps is on most of the time but its a price im willing to pay if it highlights how poor this country's 3g network really is.

Please get on board and support this project and maybe then VODAFONE, O2, ORANGE/TMOBILE, THREE, will invest more of our monthly directdebits on its infrastructure.

Many thanks.

Advertisement

2. Mubble

Mubble Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    The thing with this is (having just downloaded it), it merely tracks how often over a certain period your phone has 3G connection. It doesn't assess how strong the signal is, what up and download speeds you get, or how often you get 3G+ etc.

I have 3G signal most of the time, but it's still painful to browse the net unless I have a very strong signal, or my signal jumps up to 3G+

I guess this is aimed at the 2G areas, trying to highlight those and get them up to 3G.

SUroot likes this.
  3. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    I agree. I don't think my using it will help

Tags: