• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root BCRichster's Wicked Themes, ROMs, & {MODZ} JollyRoger ROM

Reinstalling cwm can't hurt. Unfortunately I have no idea what is wrong with your phone so you may as well.

The error on factory reset is normal and not causing your problem. Do you get the rom flashing error on all the roms you tried?

edit: have you tried restoring a cwm backup?

edit2: If you don't have a cwm backup (shame on you lol), you can find a stock cwm backup at the bottom of the first post here

Upvote 0
Reinstalling cwm can't hurt. Unfortunately I have no idea what is wrong with your phone so you may as well.

edit2: If you don't have a cwm backup (shame on you lol), you can find a stock cwm backup at the bottom of the first post here

lol...no doubt on that "shame on me" tag...i gotta at least wear that :p

trying the backup now...crossing fingers

EDIT: so i need to copy the files in the zip to /data/media/clockworkmod/backups..not the zip right? i had to create the path...sigh i need to work on my backup stratagy

EDIT2: yeah im getting an MD5 mismatch error...its not letting me do an advanced restore. i guess ill have to try installing a different CWM

Upvote 0
lol...no doubt on that "shame on me" tag...i gotta at least wear that :p

trying the backup now...crossing fingers

EDIT: so i need to copy the files in the zip to /data/media/clockworkmod/backups..not the zip right? i had to create the path...sigh i need to work on my backup stratagy

EDIT2: yeah im getting an MD5 mismatch error...its not letting me do an advanced restore. i guess ill have to try installing a different CWM

The files need to be in its own folder inside the backup folder

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones