• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Be an HTC Beta Tester! Their accepting 500 ppl today!

I'm usually pretty open with my info, not a "black ops" theorist, but I passed on this one. They were awfully vague on what this was for, and it didn't seem like I was really getting any benefits or elite things to try.

From my perspective, it's not like when you got something good like when Gmail or Google Voice was by invitation only.

Upvote 0
I'm usually pretty open with my info, not a "black ops" theorist, but I passed on this one. They were awfully vague on what this was for, and it didn't seem like I was really getting any benefits or elite things to try.
Yeah, I kind of questioned some of what they were asking for, but I figured what the hell... if I start getting all kinds of crazy phone-related spam I'll know where it came from though :)

Oh, and no OTA here... probably because I'm already on ICS ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah, I kind of questioned some of what they were asking for, but I figured what the hell... if I start getting all kinds of crazy phone-related spam I'll know where it came from though :)

Oh, and no OTA here... probably because I'm already on ICS ;)

The new radio firmware actually does improve the phone, so you might want to try to get that flashed. It can be complicated though.

Upvote 0
Right...but they did not say what...they were very vague in what that meant. Which is why I said they would "share stuff" with us. And since it seems to me they are accepting people from all over the world with all types of phones. I assume, whatever we are Beta testing will likely be compatible with most or all. Hence my guess at widtets, plugins, apps etc.

But my response was mostly directed at schimm...since he wondered just a post or two above mine...what they have in mind with this site.

Edit: They are up to 551 members...so maybe they have extended the invite limit.

Their up to seven hundred sixty something now.

Upvote 0
So I went to the access site and was only asked general info such as name email and gender and then told thanks we will let you know if we can accept you...was that it or did I do something wrong? Please help!:thinking:

They have very small number of members. 2k last I checked

Basically you are signing up to be a free research/focus group subject for HTC. Totally useless to the user. I haven't checked in for months.

Completely disagree. They have given out beta apps, swag...

AND PHONES!

They are constantly giving away phones. I got the DROID DNA free for being an active member a week before it was officially announced.

Upvote 0
hi guys!! im new to the site. also i tried signing up for htc elevate and it asked for a access code? if anyone has one please feel free to let me know or if you know of any other beta opportunities i can maybe sign up for. I do know of a video game beta test if anyone is interested?

Welcome to the site!

This thread is from 2 years ago unfortunately. To get in now you have to be invited by an existing member. Elevate very rarely opens up referrals, plus they did one month ago or so it may be a while until they let more people in.

Sorry!

Upvote 0
Welcome to the site!

This thread is from 2 years ago unfortunately. To get in now you have to be invited by an existing member. Elevate very rarely opens up referrals, plus they did one month ago or so it may be a while until they let more people in.

Sorry!

Hey Night, I'm always in the HTC M7/M8 phone threads. Definitely a loyal follower of HTC since the HTC Touch, HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO 3D, HTC ONE M7, HTC ONE M8. Let me know if they open up this opportunity again. I found a link on the XDA site but the code was bad. So I signed up and provided a synopsis of why I should become a member.

I really want to see HTC become #1.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones