• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Be cautious when buying a Droid Car Mount!

XtremeAaron

Android Enthusiast
Nov 21, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
Alright, I went into my local Verizon Wireless retail store today to purchase a car mount for my Droid, which was simple and painless, aside from the fact there are now 2 different mounts on the market. The one I got was a "Value Pack", it consisted of the mount itself and case, which you must use in order to use the mount. This just did not work for me since I like to have my droid naked. I went to another Verizon store and they had both the new "value pack" and the classic clip in car mount in stock, and I did a simple refund. I will add that the "value pack" mount did not come with a sticky circle to have the mount on the dash.

Just a heads up, since the Verizon associate said thats the first time he's seen the "value pack", he didnt know they had them yet.

It was $29.99 as well, so same price.

The case was a standard black snap on case, it did however have a cutout for the camera, and it came with a flat insert for times when not used on the car mount, or with the provided belt clip(much like the body gloves setup). The case is very tight to the phone, and was a pain to get back off once it was snapped on.

I would have snapped some pics, but I couldnt stand it so much that I exchanged it before even going home.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones