• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Be Smart 1.0 ~6.22.2013~

I installed this ROM and it takes some getting used to but seems pretty nice. I did find some things I don't like about it, and some imperfections that need repair:
- The font might work on a 7 inch tablet but it's hard to read on the Venture's tiny screen. I replaced it with the stock ROM's font and it's readable again.
- Lists (such as notifications or selecting a ringtone) are not opaque enough; it's almost impossible to read list items.
- It has "Activate Now" nag screens just like stock ROM...I'm using this on an unactivated phone with no intention of activating.

Overall, though, good job! BeSmart launcher is interesting. That Zoom Camera is going on my main phone.

Upvote 0
Here's what I think is a Smart Launcher question: I installed "250+ Solitaire Collection" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anoshenko.android.solitaires). Where in the launcher do I find it? It seems to have no category for games, nor is the app listed in any category I can find, nor on the flower. I can't even use the Search because that only works with the first letter of an app's name, and this app has a number.

If I open a list of installed apps in something else (like link2sd or ES File Explorer) I can run it from there, I just can't find an icon for it in Smart Launcher.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones