• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beacon flashlight unexpected error

bubba182

Lurker
Mar 29, 2017
I got this phone like almost 2 weeks ago, ive never used the flashlight... but about 3 days ago I keep getting this message and I put my email address in to send off so they can fix the error... (ent up testing the flashlight and it works just fine..)

I just want this annoying message to stop popping up..

what do i do?

A flashlight is requiring your email? I would be very suspicious about, and find another flashlight app that doesn't have such invasive permissions. It's only got to turn the flash LED on and off, and nothing else.

its asking for an email to send an error report.. when I clear the cache it goes away for awhile.. and this app came with my phone and I don't really download may other apps just stuff like Kik, tinder, okcupid... I even deleted a lot of the bs that I don't want

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones