1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Beats Audio Now Available at Play Store!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by VoltronMaximus, Jan 12, 2013.

1. VoltronMaximus

VoltronMaximus Android Enthusiast

I know awhile back somebody posted a bootleg kinda hacked up version of Beats that did/didnt work for the Prevail. Well now at the PlayStore, you, yes you, can download Beats Audio. Ive been using it for about a week now and I love it. There is a free version (ad supported) and a paid version. The paid is $1.29 I think. The one thing is your device MUST be rooted as it needs SU permissions to work.
    :thrasher:

Here is the link to the free version https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motioncoding.beats

LINK NOT WORKING It appears that this app has been removed from the Play Store. Will post a direct download link if possible.

Sorry it took so long but we finally got good weather in Wisconsin and Ive been thawing out in the sun. Anyways here you go http://www.mediafire.com/download/a4rqijx7mn1vsu2/Beats_Audio_App_1.1.apk

Roguefoxx likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

This link is no longer available at the Play store. This link is DEAD.

3. vce2005

vce2005 Android Expert

Not sure if the link is dead..... Look at his post, seems like the link just got CUT off and is not complete : ( mVhdHMiXQ.. ) See the "DOTS" ????

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

The dots were after the url, but anyway I fixed it - and it's dead.

Not surprised. Beats is HTC property and requires kernel mods for the whole enchilada.

Rxpert83 likes this.
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

There's been a few apps that have claimed to install beats over the years.

EarlyMon likes this.
  6. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Yup. I made sure it wasn't available on Play before posting. I meant it is dead as in there is no app to download any longer.

7. VoltronMaximus

Would me posting a link for the app (prob from mediafire) be considered warez? I dont wanna put up any pirated stuff. I got it legit from the Play Store for free.

8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Best if you didn't.

Without knowing why Google or the dev pulled it from the Store, supporting a link could be dicey.

Although we do link roms with it, we expect ROM devs to be able to show traceability.

If you can get permission from the dev it's probably ok to link here.

Thanks! :)

9. VoltronMaximus

I posted the new link in the OP. Sorry for the delay:rolleyes:

10. VoltronMaximus

I contacted the dev and all is good. The dev (motion coding) stated once the app was removed from the Play Store, they abandoned the project. They also stated as long as the app is not being used for profit, it may be incorporated into any device.

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews