• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Beats Audio

ludeawakening

Android Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2010
Gadsden, Al
I have a question for the devs or anyone else who may have knowledge on this. How hard would it be, or is it even possible to add Beats to a ROM that doesn't come with it? I know that It's built into the music player, needs the right codec, and has to be run with a compatible kernel. So would it just be as simple as flashing the right kernel and replacing the music player with one that has Beats made into it? I'm trying to piece together a ROM to my specs and will post it and give thanks to all where it is needed when I'm finished. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! :)

I don't know why I asked if its possible, I know it is, I just need to know how to do it. Duh me lol

I was looking at how to add the Beats software to a ROM I'm working on, not a ROM with Beats, but thank you. I did figure how to do it but I also figured out that Beats isn't that great anyway. All it does is raises the levels and adjusts the EQ. The stock SRS enhancement in the HTC music player is just as good or better. Most of it is determined by the quality of headphones you use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones