1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Beats Audio

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ludeawakening, Jan 4, 2012.

1. ludeawakening

ludeawakening Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 22, 2010
    Pepsi IT support
    Gadsden, Al
    I have a question for the devs or anyone else who may have knowledge on this. How hard would it be, or is it even possible to add Beats to a ROM that doesn't come with it? I know that It's built into the music player, needs the right codec, and has to be run with a compatible kernel. So would it just be as simple as flashing the right kernel and replacing the music player with one that has Beats made into it? I'm trying to piece together a ROM to my specs and will post it and give thanks to all where it is needed when I'm finished. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! :)

I don't know why I asked if its possible, I know it is, I just need to know how to do it. Duh me lol

Advertisement

2. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Designer/Drafter
    O-town Florida
    as long as it is a Sense based ROM it is fairly simple. there was a thread about it but i cannot find it.

if you want to do this on MIUI or AOSP, you may be SOL

3. ludeawakening

None

Sep 22, 2010
    Pepsi IT support
    Gadsden, Al
    I can't seem to find it either. I'm working a lot though and searching stuff from my phone. It will be a Sense 2.1 and 605.9 based ROM for the all out stability and smoothness aspect. But there will be major debloating, themeing, and other goodies incorporated.

4. eipee73

eipee73 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 29, 2009
    I.T.
    Pittsburgh
  5. ludeawakening

None

Sep 22, 2010
    Pepsi IT support
    Gadsden, Al
    I was looking at how to add the Beats software to a ROM I'm working on, not a ROM with Beats, but thank you. I did figure how to do it but I also figured out that Beats isn't that great anyway. All it does is raises the levels and adjusts the EQ. The stock SRS enhancement in the HTC music player is just as good or better. Most of it is determined by the quality of headphones you use.