• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beats EarBuds paint wearing off

Man, these Beats earbuds look like crap. I left them in the original packaging, thinking I would sell them and only started using them a few months ago and this is how they look now. I always store them in the pouch they came in. Does everyone else's look this bad? I expected a lot more from these supposedly "high end" earbuds.

iBeats.jpg

I'd sell them for fifty bucks, but they're probably not worth that much so I might as well keep them. These buds definitely get cared for above average, I'd say, and this level of wear just isn't on par with the quality they claim.

I agree, $50 is about $20 more than what they're going for on E-bay new. I picked up 2 pair myself from a weird website. Unfortunately, they just came with the earphones and 1 set of ear-cushions, but considering how many people are reporting issues, I'm glad I went ahead and got 2 extra sets if anything because I like the play/ff/rew on the cord.

Upvote 0
Well, in all fairness there is still 18 hours left on the auction that has them for $30. I bought my pair for about $40, which I think is a decent deal. http://androidforums.com/htc-rezound/554419-sold-out-oem-monster-ibeats-39-00-free-shipping.html I've noticed how strong the magnet is inside the speaker, the headphones will stick to each other slightly because of the magnets inside. I know it's not a big indicator of speaker quality, but a magnet like that must mean there's some quality to the speakers if not the housing.

Upvote 0
For a while I carried mine from work to home and back. No, I didn't use the pouch. Now, they generally just stay at the office. I take no care in putting them on my desk and treat them as if they were a pair of $15 ear buds (never really thought I should baby them).

I have no issues with the finish and have used them frequently through the work day since last December.

I wonder if you could call customer service and see if this might be warrantable? I'm sure they're worried about their brand image!

Upvote 0
I wonder if you could call customer service and see if this might be warrantable? I'm sure they're worried about their brand image!
I was thinking the same thing. Beats definitely cares about their image. Those iconic white on-ear headphones are becoming popular.
Like JLamb said, though, they still sound the same. Doesn't bother me enough to call and get them to send new ones. I was mostly wondering if mine was an isolated case, or if this was pretty typical for the Rezound beats earbuds.

Upvote 0
I was thinking the same thing. Beats definitely cares about their image. Those iconic white on-ear headphones are becoming popular.
Like JLamb said, though, they still sound the same. Doesn't bother me enough to call and get them to send new ones. I was mostly wondering if mine was an isolated case, or if this was pretty typical for the Rezound beats earbuds.

Call that 800 number posted by someone else and tell them that a speaker goes in and out. They should send you a replacement, but you'll have to give them a credit card # so they can hold a deposit on your card until they get your defective set.

Upvote 0
I agree, $50 is about $20 more than what they're going for on E-bay new. I picked up 2 pair myself from a weird website. Unfortunately, they just came with the earphones and 1 set of ear-cushions, but considering how many people are reporting issues, I'm glad I went ahead and got 2 extra sets if anything because I like the play/ff/rew on the cord.

That's not what I am seeing.
Ebay has them typically going for around $50-$80 right now.

Another pair I saw on ebay for $30 was a lesser model.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones