1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Beautiful/fancy widget problem

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by rcyphermd, Sep 29, 2011.

1. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

Oct 14, 2009
    I have a droid charge. When I use either a beautiful or fancy widget of clock/weather, usually a few hours later it doubles itself. It seems to duplicate itself as an overlay. Ay suggestions?

Advertisement

2. Lacit1707

Lacit1707 Well-Known Member
    None

May 31, 2011
    i had this same problem with my Fancy Widget...i would have delete both and replace the widget...dont know what was causing it...

3. Lacit1707

None

May 31, 2011
    now i have a new problem...Yesterday, it kept reading that my location was United Kingdom...when i am in the States...i tried deleting and reapplying but nothing worked...

I then deleted the app entirely and tried to redownload it...the Fancy Widgets App i have now is different than what i had... i have attached a pic of my homescreen of what i thought was Fancy Widget ...can anyone confirm this?

I am pretty sure it was a brown box with a FW on it in the app drawer...HELP NEEDED!

Fancy Widget.jpg

4. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    Is it just those widgets or do all widgets/apps think that you're in the wrong location?

Go into settings > applications > development and make sure mock locations are not enabled.

If not, go to settings > applications > manage applications > Beautiful Widgets > Clear data. That'll fully reset the app. See if it's still like that.

If you still can't get the right location, go into Beautiful Widgets settings > advanced settings > and click 'Force GPS'. This will use your GPS radio instead of using AGPS (cell phone towers / wifi routers) for location.

5. Lacit1707

None

May 31, 2011
    no, it was just the fancy widget app i used to have...the problem is, i deleted fancy widgets and went to redownload it but its not the same as what i had in the past.... with the sun/moon on top etc....

6. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    I'm not familiar with Fancy Widgets, but if it is anything like most widget apps out there, you can customize/theme them to display how you want. Which is probably just what happened, the default theme of the updated one is different than the old one you had.