• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beautiful Widgets 3.0!!!!!!

In addition to this awesome post: Would anyone know where I could find some cool looking Skins/Setups that I could look at the pictures, and then copy the settings?

You can see the skins before downloading them within the BW settings, but I don't know of a place where you can copy/paste the settings. Sorry :thinking:

Upvote 0
Only thing I can think of is make sure you have the application associations set up correctly in the BW settings.

If there is no application set to open when you tap a certain region of the widget, or if it's an app without a UI, it will cause a force close.

Unlike the older version, it doesn't appear as though there are default applications associated with tapping weather, clock, and date.

Upvote 0
Excuse my ignorance and laziness, but what does it offer that Sense doesn't? From the sound of this post, people are excited about an app that is trying to catch up to Sense (but are having problems).

I'm not going to lie, I bought it because I like the condensed clock + weather widget that only takes up one row and looks similar to the main Sense one. But there are some other widgets worth checking out, and tons of skins for them. It's really just another set of widgets. I feel like it was worth the "~$1.92".

Upvote 0
Excuse my ignorance and laziness, but what does it offer that Sense doesn't? From the sound of this post, people are excited about an app that is trying to catch up to Sense (but are having problems).

Basically, the only thing it DIDN'T have that Sense did have was the weather animation, which is does now. As far as what it does have that the sense lock doesn't have, well....

1. Multiple size widgets
2. Widget Skins
3. Can configure which apps to launch when you tap different areas
4. Includes other widgets as well, not just the clock/weather

As far as Sense in general goes, a lot of people (myself included) hate the lack of customization of the Sense launcher, and choose to use a replacement launcher like LauncherPro or ADW.Launcher instead. There are many benefits to this from a customization standpoint. The only drawback is that you can't use the HTC Sense specific widgets, and in the case of the clock/weather widget, Beautiful Widgets now offers a BETTER option than the stock Sense widget. Plus, as of this update, as I mentioned, it is no longer missing ANY of the features of the Sense clock/weather widget.

Upvote 0
I'm not going to lie, I bought it because I like the condensed clock + weather widget that only takes up one row and looks similar to the main Sense one. But there are some other widgets worth checking out, and tons of skins for them. It's really just another set of widgets. I feel like it was worth the "~$1.92".

This is exactly why I bought it. I wanted clock, weather, date, temp all in one without taking up half the damn screen like Sense. Looks great with all the functions i need and it only takes up one row.

Upvote 0
Damn...........HTC Weather uses Accuweather. :thinking: I stop using HTC Weather because of this reason. It would be 11:00 pm but HTC Weather would show it still sunny out, while the clock clearly shows 11:00 PM.

I hope there will be a option to allow it to run back with the Google service if this ends up doing the same issue.

Upvote 0
Damn...........HTC Weather uses Accuweather. :thinking: I stop using HTC Weather because of this reason. It would be 11:00 pm but HTC Weather would show it still sunny out, while the clock clearly shows 11:00 PM.

I hope there will be a option to allow it to run back with the Google service if this ends up doing the same issue.

I don't think the problem is accuweather itself. I think it's the update frequency. It doesn't update more than once every couple hours unless you configure it to do so.

Also, not sure if you noticed this, but Accuweather finally released their long anticipated new and improved apps for Android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones