• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beautiful Widgets 3.0!!!!!!

I don't think the problem is accuweather itself. I think it's the update frequency. It doesn't update more than once every couple hours unless you configure it to do so.

No, I would manually update it, but it just stayed the same. I even have my old droid running BW and my Dinc running HTC Weather hitting refresh on both just to see. Concision BW running different weather service always more accurate then the HTC Weather.

Sucks cause I like the animations more on the HTC Weather.

Also, not sure if you noticed this, but Accuweather finally released their long anticipated new and improved apps for Android.

You wrote this as I was typing. Thanks for the heads up.

Upvote 0
Download it again guys. They fixed the FC issue already. 3.0.1 is in the market.

I also noticed that the geolocater is much more accurate now. It used to list me as being in the town next to me rather than where I actually am. And this is using towers. No GPS enabled.

hrmm my weather isnt updating and everytime i click on the weather.. it is giving me a force close. grrr. paid $2 for this last time.

Hmmmm.....not seeing the opening animations. I'm locking an unlocking. Its sunny on mine right now. Is there a animation for just the sun?

I have the new version and it still continues to FC on me?!?!?! As well as the screen animation once unlocked doesn't show?!?!?!?!

Glad it's not just me that is experiencing this

Upvote 0
I can't get the weather animation to work. Yeah to the poster who thinks this app is catching up with Sense.. NO. There are over 160 different clocks. 1 that looks like the sense clock.

Any way going to try and delete and re-add. I miss the weather animation so bad.

I'm dumb- it's a box you check....

Upvote 0
Damn...........HTC Weather uses Accuweather. :thinking: I stop using HTC Weather because of this reason. It would be 11:00 pm but HTC Weather would show it still sunny out, while the clock clearly shows 11:00 PM.

I hope there will be a option to allow it to run back with the Google service if this ends up doing the same issue.

Ah DAMN. I really hope you are wrong. I abandonded the HTC Weather Widget because it was Sunny at 1 AM in the morning when I had it set to 30 minute updates. Even with manual refreshes.

If this happens tonight. I'm going to be pisssssssssssssssed. :mad:

Upvote 0
Yeah as I mentioned before, I think the force close issues people are having have to do with app associations. I could be wrong, but try changing the app associations in your setup and see if you still get force closes. Mine's running fantastic.

And for those who aren't getting the animations, I know this may sound silly, but you have to enable it in the setup. I didn't notice the check box my first time through the new setup screen.

Upvote 0
Once I got it set up right it worked perfectly. I'm not sure, but it seemed like every time I changed anything, it wanted to reestablish the location, and lost all the check marks for apps linked to it, then it would FC...it was as though I had to get everything right in one try.

If you hit the menu button while the weather animation is going on, it gives you a Beautiful Widgets menu, including a button that brings you to the config page.

Upvote 0
Yeah as I mentioned before, I think the force close issues people are having have to do with app associations. I could be wrong, but try changing the app associations in your setup and see if you still get force closes. Mine's running fantastic.

And for those who aren't getting the animations, I know this may sound silly, but you have to enable it in the setup. I didn't notice the check box my first time through the new setup screen.

What exactly do you have checked off or on to have it work seemlessly? Please do share as I miss not being able to use BW due to it FC on me after uninstalling it and downloading it twice now

Upvote 0
Yikes, if weather animation is enabled and the phone goes to sleep while an app is running, you get the weather animation on top of your app when you unlock the phone again...very disconcerting if you were trying to read a book!

I am now having trouble with getting my location to update, either automatically or manually. Finally did it by turning on GPS and Maps, finding my location there, and then leaving GPS and Maps running while updating BW. I'm sure not going to go through that every time I go to or from work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones