• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

beautiful widgets battery drain

So I just figured I'd update you.

Add about half an hour on to this, I accidentally plugged it in for maybe 2 min at most, which I think resets the "time since unplugged" (as that would seem pretty obvious). But anyways here's what I've been getting using the beautiful widget wallpaper all day.

8H 40m
Maps - 22%
Cell Standby - 25%
Phone Idle - 14%
Android System - 13%
Wi-Fi - 7%
Beautiful widgets - 7%
Display - 5%
Camera - 3%
Voice calls - 2%
Beautiful Live Weather - 2%

Battery widget says I have 24% battery life remaining

Keep in mind that most of this time is with 3g on, wifi on, email on push, sync on, GPS on (used nav for about an hour on the way home), texting constantly, picture messages, browsing the internet, playing with a lot of the weather widget settings, downloading apps, etc.

EDIT: I also have the weather to update every 15 minutes, something I wouldn't normally need, but was curious how badly it would drain the battery. I also have email to push every 10 minutes (I usually have every hour and push manually occasionally). I basically set everything to ideal settings with no concern for battery.

Just thought I'd let yall know how the weather widget treats the battery. I thought it would completely drain it, but I really don't see much of a difference between my battery life now vs. how long it usually lasts.

For such an awesome widget, it seems pretty worth it if it really doesn't use that much battery! (I usually wouldn't expect it to last much longer than it has already anyway, so this isn't a significant difference).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones