• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beautiful Widgets Day/Night Refresh

TheSultan

Android Expert
Mar 6, 2010
Rochester, NY
Hey Everyone, been a LONG time since I've been here. I just had to reset my Incredible do to the "Low on space" error, but that's not what I'm here for.

I've always had Beautiful Widgets (paid) but never really liked it, so I never used it. When I reset my phone, and went back to loading my apps back on, I figured I'd look to see if they made any updates since I last tried it, looks like there's a LOT.

So, I enabled the Live Wallpaper. In the past, it always just showed a Sun, and then a moon, dark or day time. It looks like now there are a lot more options, which I love. My concern is, for the last 2 days, it's shown night time on my phone.

I figure there is one of two potential problems, 1. it's been overcast here in Rochester, NY, does the live wallpaper recognize that continue to make my screen grey??, or 2. It's just not updating.

Any input?

Well my issue may or may not be related. You all of course know you have two weather service choices with Beautiful Widgets, Accu-weather and Google. I pick one and it's fine for a few days and then seems to be way off on the on-screen temp. I go to settings and tell it to update. Temp stays the same. (I'm talking like 30 degrees off). I then go to the settings and change from one service to the next and then update, then I get the correct temp. I keep that service for a few days and then the same thing happens as before....

Thanks!,

-bob

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones