1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Beautiful Widgets Landscape for Smaller Home...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by therealciviczc, Oct 26, 2010.

1. therealciviczc

therealciviczc Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Is anyone else having a problem with Beautiful Widgets smaller home weather after the last update? I noticed on my wife's ally, when you'd go to landscape, the widget does not fill the screen end to end like it used to. It cuts off about 1/2" from each side of the screen. I have an ally also and mine goes end to end. I'm still using an older version of Beautiful Widgets though. I reverted hers back to an older version and it works like mine, going end to end, as it should. I see in the release notes on the newest release that they 'fixed' a landscape bug on smaller home weather, but it seems their fix made it not work correctly on the ally. I can't seem to find any way to contact them about this.

To elaborate on my already long post, I'm using launcher pro plus, and when I highlight the widget to resize, the highlighted box DOES go end to end. The widget does not. WTF? Is it a skin issue maybe? Something is weird.

Advertisement

2. darkxsun

darkxsun Guest

Is it necessary to be this big? Maybe all the content fits in a smaller frame so they consider it a bug to be bigger.

3. therealciviczc

therealciviczc Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Well what happens is that its a bar, so when you're in a vertical screen, its a bar, across the top, with the time, weather, etc. When you switch to landscape, it was always also a bar, across the top, that displayed the same info. Now its a bar, but it cuts off in a weird way at each end. It looks terrible to be honest. I think they did it to correct a bug on droids maybe and its not working well on the ally. I'm reading more on this now. Its a shame if they ruined a great looking widget.

Tags: