1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Beautiful Widgets mobile widget issue

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by psychoswim, Jun 4, 2011.

1. psychoswim

psychoswim Newbie
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Hello,

I've been looking for nice toggles for my Nexus S and was already using BW's lite version for the weather widget so I decided to buy the full version. It looks amazing and works nicely, except that the mobile widget seems to do absolutely nothing?? The switch is always green so "on" I guess, regardless of whether I allow data access or not, and pressing the toggle doesn't change anything in my settings? I see it's supposed to be changing the APN name but where do I see that? Maybe I'm just not understanding how it's supposed to work, but I've been searching around and cannot find an answer.

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement

2. psychoswim

psychoswim Newbie
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Some more info in case someone has any idea..

If I turn off the data by renaming the APN with another widget (widgetsoid), then the color indicator of the BW mobile widget remains green even though it's off. However if I click on the BW toggle, then it renames the APN to its correct name and restores data.

If data is on, then tapping the toggle does not rename the APN at all. So seems like for me I can enable (even if the green color is wrong), but not disable.

I've settled the issue for now tho, widgetsoid looks really nice and I haven't even played with adding shortcuts to it yet. Think I'll still keep the paid for version of BW for the weather skins and it's not very expensive anyways.