• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beautiful Widgets (Try out new skins!)

The NEW UPDATE has many visually stunning clock widgets.
Where are the clock widgets?
I got this a while ago but stopped using it. I tried it again when the latest update hit, but all I see is a digital clock.

Is it some of the skins that have an analog clock or are their separate Beautiful Widget clock widgets that I can download or something?

Upvote 0
I like some of the skins too ... but every time I apply one while using Sweeter Home, the widget doesn't update. This was a problem with SH beta 1, but was fixed with beta 2 ... as long as I stick with the stock skin.

-------------------------

UPDATE: I applied a skin today and it's been fine for hours. Go figure. Maybe BW's latest update has something to do with it.

Upvote 0
Where are the clock widgets?
I got this a while ago but stopped using it. I tried it again when the latest update hit, but all I see is a digital clock.

Is it some of the skins that have an analog clock or are their separate Beautiful Widget clock widgets that I can download or something?

It probably would have been more accurate to say "stunning clock SKINS." I haven't seen any analog skins, but more beautiful skins are added every day (you go to the "Skins" button in the Configure setting within the Beautiful Widgets home).

Upvote 0
It would have been more accurate to say "stunning clock SKINS." I haven't seen any analog skins, but more beautiful skins are added every day (you go to the "Skins" button in the Configure setting within the Beautiful Widgets home).
Thanks - I thought so, but was just checking.
The other day when I was searching the Market for "analog clock", one of the search results was Beautiful Widgets. So that combined with the comment about "clock widgets" had me thinking I may have missed something. ;)

Another thing that stops me from using one of the Beautiful widgets is that when you click on the widget to pop up the weather animation, that is all you get. That's rather useless. You can't then click on the animation to bring up a weather app? All the pretty skins in the world don't do me any good if the app is lacking functionality. Weather Widget may not be quite so pretty, but it is more functional.

Another thing I want is an analog clock that I can click on that brings up the Clock app (or the alarm clock - I don't care, but do something!). ;)

Upvote 0
I really like the droidAndI skin, just wish the time was in a higher resolution :(

I actually made that skin (Joshua Mims), and I did notice that the numbers looked a little jagged which makes it look low res. I tried using an antialiasing filter to clear it up, but to no avail. Sorry. I could however go through each number and manually paint the pixels, but that is too time consuming. I'll try harder for future skins.

Upvote 0
@blue rocket: thanks for all your cool skins! Am I allowed to make a request?

I emailed levelupstudios to request it and they said they didn't have time. My perfect skin is the stock skin with one change. Instead of being square, and going to the edges, it's border is rounded like most of the others, and does not extend to the edges of the screen.

Do you know why the date, city, and weather status are so squished at the bottom, while the clock has so much open space above and below it? Can this alignment be made more balanced or is it not controlled by the skin?

Upvote 0
@blue rocket: thanks for all your cool skins! Am I allowed to make a request?

I emailed levelupstudios to request it and they said they didn't have time. My perfect skin is the stock skin with one change. Instead of being square, and going to the edges, it's border is rounded like most of the others, and does not extend to the edges of the screen.

Do you know why the date, city, and weather status are so squished at the bottom, while the clock has so much open space above and below it? Can this alignment be made more balanced or is it not controlled by the skin?

According to the skin dev kit, all that stuff is not controlled by the skin and we, as of yet, have no control over it. We can only change the backgrounds, numbers, time dots, and the am/pm images.

Upvote 0
According to the skin dev kit, all that stuff is not controlled by the skin and we, as of yet, have no control over it. We can only change the backgrounds, numbers, time dots, and the am/pm images.

thanks for looking into my complaint lol. I didnt think you had an account here but once I read your response to me on the app comments I understood that it wasnt a matter of resolution. I am glad you made it crisper, it is easily my favorite skin. its just really unique!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones