• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beautiful Widgets turning themselves off

Gink

Feb 14, 2010
Bronco Nation
Anyone else have this problem?

I was having issues with the home clock/weather thingy on my Eris so I downloaded Beautiful Widgets - my husband is running it on his Moto Droid and loves it. Anyway, ever since I installed it two days ago the widgets keep turning themselves off and on. WTH?

This morning I put the phone in vibrate mode and several hours later (after I missed a call) I looked and phone was in silent mode with vibrate mode still turned on. Also, twice now my mobile connection has turned off by itself. (I have the HTC widget installed on one of my homescreens.) I only discovered this when I tried to browse a webpage. Who knows at what point the mobile network was turned off. I don't exactly know how beautiful widgets turns itself off but it's concerning to me that it could also turn the mobile network off somehow too. (I have to assume BW is causing the issue as it had never happened before it was installed.)

Help? Ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones