1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Beautiful Widgets - Weather issue?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by IL Cattivo, May 2, 2012.

1. IL Cattivo

IL Cattivo Lurker

Hi Guys, new member just registered here today and wondered if anyone can help resolve my issue that I'm having with Beautiful Widgets where I cannot for the life of me seem to be able to apply a downloaded Weather Widget onto my Tablets Home page.

Is there some kind of walkthrough guide as to how Beautiful Widgets works as it can be somewhat confusing to an newbie Android novice like me...

I seem to have been able to change my clock / Super clock but when trying to do the same with the Weather Widget it just keeps defaulting to the standard one even though I have selected a different skin and applied it?

Anyone seen this before?

Many thanks for your help.

2. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert

First of all, there are different skins for different parts of the widgets. I think that things like super clock, and beautiful weather home (or whatever they are called) use different skins....clock skins for the clock and weather skins for the weather...so make sure you are trying to apply the right skin.

I've always done it this way... click on the weather in the skin to bring up the forecast, click on the menu button in the upper right. You can then choose "weather skins" pick your skin, hit apply, then hit the back button to go back out to the widget. You should see the changes. Then you can go back in (if needed) and change the clock skin, and then back out to the home screen again to see the widget.

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I'd like to try Beautiful Widgets but... "This app is incompatible with your China Mobile Samsung GT-I9000." Is anyone using this on a Galaxy S? At present I'm using the Go suite of widgets and apps.