• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Beautiful Widgets (Weather)

jamor

Android Expert
Apr 13, 2010
Planet Earth
I have a couple different weather apps.

I recently purchased Beautiful Widgets.

It has been raining hard all day, and even with GPS update activated, it said it was cloudy all day and it seemed to be about 4-5 degrees off every other site.

Is anyone else having Beautiful Widget mis-weather info?

My 24hours is up so it doesnt really matter. But I'm curious.

Same here. It is close but it is not as accurate as other services/the HTC widget/products. But I love the Beautiful Home Smaller so I can live with it. It says it is 74 but it is really 80 here. The difference really doesn't bother me. I'm still wearing shorts and a t-shirt lol and I have Accuweather as a bookmark.

Upvote 0
Maybe they have their servers set to sync weather data every three hours to save on battery life?!?

True enough, slightly off topic but when weather apps sync (or Google/Gcal) it is a battery HOG. I had those apps syncing every 10 minutes by default (didn't realize it) & got maybe 9 hours on a stock battery. Changed those sync settings & wham! am getting 19+.

Upvote 0
+1 Absolute rubbish!!! Google weather is absurd. My wm with sense and accuweather was "beautiful". Now I get a current tem of 39 with a mx showing 32!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live in the Himalayas with glorious clear crisp tangy weather and google and beautiful widgets says just this day after day...HAZE and Fog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great accuracy..........

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones