• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bedside (Night Clock) does not stop popups

abhiroopb

Aug 19, 2009
I recently downloaded the Bedside (Night Clock) app and I am having some problems with it (https://market.android.com/details?id=net.geekherd.bedsidepro2).

Basically, whenever I receive a new SMS or message on WhatsApp (or presumably any kind of "popup" message) Bedside turns of and the popup is visible. Because I have disabled screen time-out while bedside is turned on (Bedside has its own screen-timeout feature) the popup is displayed until I deal with it. Obviously this is not an ideal situation as it wastes a lot of battery.

Bedside is supposed to block all these messages and popups and it used to do so before, it is only recently that they have been coming through. Not sure why this is the case.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones