1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Been awhile, might be a change afoot :)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thicket, Feb 23, 2011.

1. thicket

thicket Member

I mostly just peruse anymore on these boards, my phone is THAT good. I don't have one issue with my DINC....BUT....my husband wants an Android now and I was thinking of using his upgrade and giving him my phone. I was eyeing the Thunderbolt, but then I started reading about the Moto Bionic. I have NO experience with Motorola's OS. Have any of you tried both extensively? Opinions?

Thanks!
    Ashley

Advertisement

2. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA)

Since this is not related to the Incredible, but rather the Bionic, I'm moving this to that forum.

3. thicket

thicket Member

Sounds good, thanks!

4. I owned the droid X and blur some people hate it I didnt have any problems with it and from what people are saying about the atrix(at&t version of bionic) it looks like it will be an awesome phone, and I am also looking to get it once it comes out.

5. dguy

dguy Android Expert

I used an Incredible and an X extensively. Sense has a smoother feel due to smoother animations but other than that, Blur is just as good.

6. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Android Expert

If he wants it anytime soon, get the Thunderbolt. I've said it before and I'll say it again, by the time the Bionic comes out it will be outdated. But that seems to be true of any VZW phone.

7. dguy

dguy Android Expert

The Thunderbolt is a complete disappointment. It boggles my mind that anyone could still be looking forward to it after reading the specs on it. March is when the Bionic is likely to come out. Is that too long?

8. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Android Expert

DGUY,

Can you please post a link to your source for the March release date? When the phone was intro'd at CES, it was said then that it would release Q2 of 2011.

Thanks.

9. thicket

thicket Member

Thanks for all the replies! I think I will wait for the bionic (or whatever else is out there by then), I'm cool with the animations not being as smooth. The more I read about the Thunderbolt the more I am disenchanted.

10. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert

How the hell do you think that?

The thunderbolt has a freaking single core processor, whereas the Bionic is going to have a dual core tegra 2 chip... Far superior to any single core 1.2GHz chip.

It will have a better battery life, better speed and smoother operation.

Yes the Atrix is coming out first but only 2 months, not nearly long enough to consider it "outdated"

11. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Android Expert

I'm itching to get a 4G phone, was really hoping to go with the TB but no Skype even with the delays and a March release date makes my decision to wait for the Bionic easier.

12. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert

After learning about the specs for the TB, I've been completely disenfranchised with it, knowing what's not far along behind the corner. I keep reading articles that the Bionic is coming "sooner than later" (doing a search for the Bionic on a site like onlinesocialmedia.net has more than a few articles that use that line), and the fact that there's almost no news about the Bionic make me feel more confident about that. Think of the news you hear about the TB, it's constantly about it being pushed back.

13. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert

Not to mention Single Core 0.o

14. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy

The Bionic's OS seems different than the ones Motorola has used thus far on their devices. I've used MOTOBLUR on three different devices and it's definitely getting better and better.

15. thicket

thicket Member

I love to hear that, even more reason to wait!

16. Agrajag

Agrajag Member

My issue is simply the locked ROM. I love Cyanogen MOD and the idea of going backwards there from my Droid (1) is just hard to swallow. If this one issue would get addressed I'd go Bionic without hesitation.

17. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert

I only went Rooting due to the slowness of the OG Droid over time.

I highly doubt the dual core will require me to root it.