1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Before posting a Rom issue ......

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hove131, Sep 5, 2011.

1. hove131

hove131 Well-Known Member

Always try and wipe cache and dalvik cache first ... most of the time this will fix it. If the problem still exist then post. Just trying to save you everybody some time here.

ocnbrze likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

that is good advice. most little issue you have usually a wipe of the dalvik cache and cache will fix it.

3. guitarboy2129

guitarboy2129 Member

yup i agree... but also before you post you should READ first... i cant tell you how many threads and what not i read before i started doing this and posting... not saying that i havent messed up before and posted something that has been answered before but i always try not to... that always pisses me off though seeing the same questions being asked all the time... over and over... lol

4. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

It gets old, but in the end I really don't mind. If I've answered it before I know if it works or not. A big + in my eyes. :)

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

doing searches before posting would always be the way to go. does it happen all the time?....no. but such is the life of a forum. but like granite said it really does not matter in the end. no need to flame anybody or yell that "you should have done a search first" like in some forums...if you know what i mean. this place is for learning and helping each other. so for me if you have a question ask it.

but like in the op, wiping really can fix a lot of issues people have.

6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Just another possibility...

I dont remember exactly what thread it was but I searched before posting and the only other thread was back in 2010. Sometimes its just good to know you have the latest information. This is especially important in technology because things are constantly changing. I rooted less than a week ago and have already had to flash new radio's and patch my rom.

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Very good observation. Especially with the new root method and a lot of the new GB sense 2.1 / 3.0 roms. Some of the questions the new members are asking really don't have answers. Some are close and could be applied, but if your new the connection is sometimes obscure.
    Point is Ocn is 100% correct, that's why he's the guide. ;) If your search doesn't get results, post up the question. I'll bust your stones during the process of helping you, but I'll never flame you for asking a question. :)

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

Maybe give him a little cowbell while you are at it too... :)

ocnbrze likes this.
  9. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast

while i totally agree with the first post, i really dont mind any repeat questions..i'll gladly give a link to a guide or to another thread or whatever it may be...its a forum, were all here to help each other asap...not wait a week for an answer or a hey dumb*** read the guide....thats precisly the reason i dont post on XDA or Kingsrom....i cannot believe how much flaming there is on both those sites...i see so many new people that come to this site everyday and i agree that a search could be attempted before you post, but honestly, when you search, its gonna do keywords, and it could bring you to threads that have no relevance to what your looking for....thats why i dont think its a big deal to guide anyone in the right direction or provide any helpful knowledge....its a lot easier for new people to get the interaction with the other members and hear a "thats how i do it" or "no, you do it like this"...it puts you at ease hearing those things...granted all the guides that are on this forum are excellent but, they can be a lil tricky or confusing to a new member....sometimes it just takes hearing how to do something from another member vs reading a guide...and if thats what it takes, then thats what i'll do...remember, we were all noobs once..i kinda feel like i still am lol.....i've learned A LOT since coming to this forum and yet OCN is still taking me to school lol....

sha4000 and ocnbrze like this.
  10. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

My take (not that anyone has asked :)

Forums are for helping people with their problems. If I went to the doctor and he told me that he has already dealt with someone's "headache" and that I should go ask them what his remedy is then what do I need him for.

I always hated that in other forums.

It always helps to go to the ROMS page and look to see if there is an update or if the problem you are having is a Known Issue. ROMS are made by other people than those in the room and even though some of us may know how to fix or at least how to help trouble shoot. That problem is something the developer should be aware of. This will also help them to put out better ROMS. I love the forums I know one can get invaluable information here.

Doing things like wiping cache and making sure you have recent backups and The latest updates (not necessarily ota) help you keep your phone in its best condition. Lurkers don't mind searching around and just looking and reading post. Then there are people like me who hate to read and find it much simpler to just ask. Since I am the type to just ask I also do what I can to help others. If the forum is not a community then the forum doesn't work. If it doesn't work it dies.

LONG LIVE THE FORUM.

dustwun77 and ocnbrze like this.
  11. kofkorn

kofkorn Newbie

This is the exact thing that led me to this forum. I have serious issues with the "Other" forum and the Mods that are CONSTANTLY harping on this. It leads to a very hostile environment and drives people away.

I am very pleased with the attitude toward re-posts of old questions. It was tested in the 2.3 Root thread up until root was found :), but in the end everyone kept their cool.

Kudos to you all!

andygu3 and argedion like this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews