1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

BEFORE YOU ROOT READ THIS!

Discussion in 'Android Rooting' started by The_Chief, Mar 19, 2015.

1. The-Truth

The-Truth Android Expert
    None

Sep 30, 2014
    Male
    Crew Leader
    Lansing
    Idk...
    KDZ & start fresh or somthin. I think there's a way but that's just how my mind works idk.

Advertisement

2. Rogen6

Rogen6 Newbie
    None

Jun 13, 2017
    Male
    I was thinking of rooting my tablet so I could use a mod for a game

3. MercyGeez

MercyGeez Lurker
    None

Sep 22, 2017
    Rooting a device is not a good idea. Are you doing this to cheat on COC? I know using bot clashfarmer.com don't require device being rooted. Now I'm Town Hall 10 and waiting to max all my troops before heading to the next level.

4. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Jul 25, 2012
    Drafter
    Why do you say this? You can't speak for everyone. There are many different reasons to root. I have rooted every device I've owned. What makes you think it's not a good idea?

It can potentially void your warranty, depends on device and/or carrier. What's a warranty anyway? How many times have you needed a warranty for a device?

There's a tiny tiny chance you could brick your device if rooted. I've never personally seen it happen. Almost everything can be recovered. But the act of actually rooting your device is harmless. The danger comes in when you make changes to the system that are allowed because you are rooted. Even then. If you pay attention at all, you should be fine.

If neither of the reasons I described above apply, I'm very curious why your OPINION is that it's a bad idea for people to root a device.

Mikestony and scary alien like this.