• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Beginner Intro

rakeshvt16

Lurker
Aug 17, 2011
Hiya!

I just got a new SGS 2! First time with a smart phone, so I am pretty lost. I was fine till yesterday when i found this forum and saw so many words that left me :thinking::thinking::thinking:. Words i saw, rooting, flashing, ROM, kernel, Odin, blah blah!! :eek:

I see many topics to cover these things, but, can we have one place that gives an intro to each topic, and why should one update/change/whatever any of these things? Sort of, a beginner's guide to upgrading your phone?!

I hear that some of these changes will affect your warranty. i don't want to do any of these kind, for now atleast.

I'm going to factory reset my phone. So, would appreciate if anyone can point me in what direction I need to proceed after the reset!!

Thanks, I am going through the guide already.

I want to reset my phone cuz I think I played with the settings a little too much.
For example, whenever I connected my phone to the PC i automatically used to get the kies mode on. Yesterday i finnaly got kies on pc, but when i connect to my phone, nothing! PC doesnt recognize my phone either. New PC studio shows the memory but can't access it. Thought maybe resetting can undo all the fooling around! :eek:

As to what I want, anything and everything that can make the phone any better in any aspect!! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones