• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Beginning Root Issues

tyneusch

Nov 27, 2009
Midwest
I have used the "one-click" root method on XDA and now I have installed ROM manager. I have flashed clockwork mod recovery and here is where my problems started. Before I start flashing any roms, I wanted to create a backup so i clicked "Backup Current ROM." I hit ok and upon my phone rebooting it immediatly goes to the Android Systems Recovery screen. My phone reads:

-- Install from Package...
Finding update package..
Opening Update..
Verifying update package..
E:failed to verify whole file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

I am not understanding what this means as it askes me to either reboot system now. Any ideas as to where to go from here...

I have used the "one-click" root method on XDA and now I have installed ROM manager. I have flashed clockwork mod recovery and here is where my problems started. Before I start flashing any roms, I wanted to create a backup so i clicked "Backup Current ROM." I hit ok and upon my phone rebooting it immediatly goes to the Android Systems Recovery screen. My phone reads:

-- Install from Package...
Finding update package..
Opening Update..
Verifying update package..
E:failed to verify whole file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

I am not understanding what this means as it askes me to either reboot system now. Any ideas as to where to go from here...

You need to install clockwork

Clockworkmod installation how to for windows / *nix - xda-developers

From the look of what you wrote clockwork didn't install properly

Upvote 0
I have the same problems with the triangle and the droid guy lol I'am rooted I have rom manager,and titanium back up and I still dont understand what I'am doing lol. I never messed with a cell phone before so this all looks greek to me, I would just like to mail it or meet up with someone that knows what the heck there doing with it and pay them lol.

Upvote 0
I have the same problems with the triangle and the droid guy lol I'am rooted I have rom manager,and titanium back up and I still dont understand what I'am doing lol. I never messed with a cell phone before so this all looks greek to me, I would just like to mail it or meet up with someone that knows what the heck there doing with it and pay them lol.

Did you install clockwork?

Upvote 0
I am just confused on the red or green cwm, I never get to that screen all I did is the one click root and download the rom manager and click the reboot to recovery twice, and reboot in the blue screen. And I just go back to the rom manager and download stuiped fast and click the back up rom and wipe and it reboots in the blue screen. I really need to stop reading this custom rom stuff and leave the thing alone but I got a taste of the faster speed and other stuff so I am hooked now LOL.

Upvote 0
I guess I am just worried tha since I tried to back up the rom though Rom manager and that failed, if I use ODIN it will brick my phone. I understand the steps and I know what to do but I dont want the fact that I couldnt back up that it will cause problems.

Odin wont brilck your phone if you follow instructions and only use the pda button to load files. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones