1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Beginning Root Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tyneusch, Feb 13, 2011.

1. tyneusch

tyneusch Well-Known Member

I have used the "one-click" root method on XDA and now I have installed ROM manager. I have flashed clockwork mod recovery and here is where my problems started. Before I start flashing any roms, I wanted to create a backup so i clicked "Backup Current ROM." I hit ok and upon my phone rebooting it immediatly goes to the Android Systems Recovery screen. My phone reads:

-- Install from Package...
    Finding update package..
    Opening Update..
    Verifying update package..
    E:failed to verify whole file signature
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

I am not understanding what this means as it askes me to either reboot system now. Any ideas as to where to go from here...

Advertisement

2. speedfreak

speedfreak Well-Known Member

I can't help with the ROM manager back up I always do it in CWR. I boot into recovery (hold both volume buttons down and turn the phone on) then go to apply sdcard update.zip and it takes you to green recovery screen and then do a back up there. you can also do restore from that screen.

3. tyneusch

I also tried this and attemped to install update.zip and gives me the same message. Is there a place I can download an update.zip for my Samsung Fascinate?

4. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Android Expert

You need to install clockwork

Clockworkmod installation how to for windows / *nix - xda-developers

From the look of what you wrote clockwork didn't install properly

5. speedfreak

speedfreak Well-Known Member

6. davidnmegan6907

Also did you flash clockwork twice in rom manager?

7. badbowtie1

badbowtie1 Lurker

I have the same problems with the triangle and the droid guy lol I'am rooted I have rom manager,and titanium back up and I still dont understand what I'am doing lol. I never messed with a cell phone before so this all looks greek to me, I would just like to mail it or meet up with someone that knows what the heck there doing with it and pay them lol.

8. davidnmegan6907

Did you install clockwork?

9. badbowtie1

badbowtie1 Lurker

yep with the odin thing

10. tyneusch

After I use the one click root method, I installed ROM manager from the market. I opened rom manager and clicked flash clockwork mod recovery...does that not mean CWM is installed?

11. badbowtie1

badbowtie1 Lurker

I think I had the wrong build on when I rooted it it was the OTA EA28 and I rooted the one click way from there.I just what to run the 2.2 froyo so maybe I will wait to see if it comes from verizon soon.

12. badbowtie1

badbowtie1 Lurker

something is working in the rom manger because it is faster with the stupied fast from geeknik the speed test score are unreal 1780 download and 800 upload so something is going on,but I just cant get in cwm green or red for nothing. I been reading and messing with it for a week and get mad now lol.

13. davidnmegan6907

No you have to push clockwork through odin

14. davidnmegan6907

Badbowtie I'm confused what your problem is? If your running stupidfast you would have had to flashed it through clockwork. Can you further explain your problem please

15. tyneusch

I guess I am just worried tha since I tried to back up the rom though Rom manager and that failed, if I use ODIN it will brick my phone. I understand the steps and I know what to do but I dont want the fact that I couldnt back up that it will cause problems.

16. badbowtie1

badbowtie1 Lurker

I am just confused on the red or green cwm, I never get to that screen all I did is the one click root and download the rom manager and click the reboot to recovery twice, and reboot in the blue screen. And I just go back to the rom manager and download stuiped fast and click the back up rom and wipe and it reboots in the blue screen. I really need to stop reading this custom rom stuff and leave the thing alone but I got a taste of the faster speed and other stuff so I am hooked now LOL.

17. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

Odin wont brilck your phone if you follow instructions and only use the pda button to load files. ;)