• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Behold 2 - Error: Could samsung_bml_read fail

sirdavid23

Lurker
May 23, 2012
Hi, I flashed my samsung behold 2 from my windows 7, running virtual pc - win xp mode (from microsoft). I installed the samsung behold 2 drivers in XP.

I put my phone in download mode by volume down+ok+end. I fired up Odin 4.03

I plugged in the usb cable and selected ATTACH device on my virtual windows XP. To which the usb sound of attaching a new deviced, sounded ok.

The port 5 gets recognized as having 1 attached device.

Then I select my Behold2.ops on the OPS button option. Pointed to One packgae and check mark "one package" to use T939UVJE2_OEM-OnePackage-20100701.tar.md5 for flashing.

I read on the phone, the USB device has been recognized and that I should press start to beging the flashing.

I do it so. Wait for 3 minutes and the phone dissapears from the connection. Screen says: ERROR: could samsung_bml_read fail.

But the counter on the COM5 (detected device port) runs till 6:12. And the log gives me this:

<0> Create File...
<1> StartThread Detected : 1
<2> StartThread Detected : 0
<3> StartThread Detected : 0
<4> StartThread Detected : 0
<5> StartThread Detected : 0
<6> StartThread Detected : 0
<7> StartThread Detected : 0
<8> StartThread Detected : 0
<1> setup connection...
<1> odin mode.. check plcatform verification.
<1> START!!!
<1> check download environment.
<1> amss download..
<1> 1/3 Finished.
<1> kernel download..
<1> 2/3 Finished.
<1> system download..
<1> 3/3 Finished.
<1> reset pda..
<0> Started Timer
<1> Close serial port and wait until rebooting.
<1> PASS!!!
<0> Destroy instant..
<0> Killed timer

****** My samsung does not restart. I can

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones