• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Behold II Bluetooth Issues

'm not a newbie, but I am new to Android.(all of 5 days) My problem is this. Even though my phone is paired with my PC, when I try to send a JPEG.... Or any file for that matter to my phone it says: Error, device does not accept files of this type. How can it not accept a JEPG when the pics on the device are JPG's ? Also I am not able to explore the phone while on Bluetooth as with USB. Is this something new? My old Nokia 6263 enabled me to view files from the Bluetooth setting. Am I missing something here? Also, there is no prompt on the device to send a file via Bluetooth to the PC either. Any help would be appreciated.

'm not a newbie, but I am new to Android.(all of 5 days) My problem is this. Even though my phone is paired with my PC, when I try to send a JPEG.... Or any file for that matter to my phone it says: Error, device does not accept files of this type. How can it not accept a JEPG when the pics on the device are JPG's ? Also I am not able to explore the phone while on Bluetooth as with USB. Is this something new? My old Nokia 6263 enabled me to view files from the Bluetooth setting. Am I missing something here? Also, there is no prompt on the device to send a file via Bluetooth to the PC either. Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah welcome to the world of limited Android stuff. You can't send/receive with Bluetooth, unless you are rooted and have a special app. At least with 1.5 1.6 according to my understanding. It's lame.

Reactions: Scribernator
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones