• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Behold II Stock 1.6 (no twiz) Take5 released!

Jsaini04

May 9, 2010
Well I was on the website that BH_MAN moved to and I just noticed that he released the take5 for the stock 1.6 (no twiz....blah blah blah) yesterday so im posting links to his thread/topic stating that he's moving and the take5 thread/topic.

Link to his "I'm moving thread" - http://androidforums.com/samsung-behold-2/77084-bh_man-moved-new-place.html

Link to the take5 release thread on his new site: (Port) Behold 2 1.6 ( No Twiz w/ Busybox & Rooted Kernel ) - AndroidSPIN Forums

Note: The release I put a link to his "I'm moving thread" is to prove that im not advertising this website or doing any spam. I just want others to know that its out and its the best so far.

Only issue I found with the take5 was the wifi not reconnecting after unlock. To which I found a fix, It's a app called Fix my wifi (might have to pay/download the app). It works 50% of the time... xD Peace.

Take5 has actually been out for several days! Sorry to say it's still pretty buggy just like all the no twiz roms! Everyone should still go with galaxy cause take5 is more of the same. Hell the stock 1.6 running advanced launcher is smoother and far more stable, and only slightly slower. If you want stability use stock if you want speed use galaxy.

Btw eugene373 (that's his name not bh_man!) will be releasing an updated version of the stock rom as well as r12 in the next day or two.

Upvote 0
That's cool to each his own but I didn't say take5 was slow...I didn't mention ITS speed at all. What I said was it's buggy which has nothing to do with speed! I'd rather have a stable slightly slower rom then constant fc's which, if you read peoples reports (and from my own expierence), has be an issue for no twiz since the twix release. It just isn't the most stable rom. But hey if you like it great! It just won't hold up for heavey users.

Upvote 0
Yea like my phone is nothing without vibrate cuz I text a lot and I don't want to check ever min to see if I got a txt message so I need the vibrate. I personally like the no twiz take5 cuz its got the advance launcher which is like open home but better. Everything works on it fine for me. I'd say give both a try for a day and see which one you like. I've installed almost all of the ROMs out there to see which I like. Take5 is my fav so far but hey its your choice =D.

Upvote 0
Yea like my phone is nothing without vibrate cuz I text a lot and I don't want to check ever min to see if I got a txt message so I need the vibrate. I personally like the no twiz take5 cuz its got the advance launcher which is like open home but better. Everything works on it fine for me. I'd say give both a try for a day and see which one you like. I've installed almost all of the ROMs out there to see which I like. Take5 is my fav so far but hey its your choice =D.

Yes I need vibration , but I have no idea how to do , how to install stock android 1.6 or take 5 on my android 1.6 phone without vibration rightnow ( R8 from BH_MAN )?

Can you help me ? Thanks

Upvote 0
Take5 has actually been out for several days! Sorry to say it's still pretty buggy just like all the no twiz roms! Everyone should still go with galaxy cause take5 is more of the same. Hell the stock 1.6 running advanced launcher is smoother and far more stable, and only slightly slower. If you want stability use stock if you want speed use galaxy.

Btw eugene373 (that's his name not bh_man!) will be releasing an updated version of the stock rom as well as r12 in the next day or two.

Going to be Monday, spending time with family today... R12 & Factory update's for monday roughly..

Upvote 0
Yes I need vibration , but I have no idea how to do , how to install stock android 1.6 or take 5 on my android 1.6 phone without vibration rightnow ( R8 from BH_MAN )?

Can you help me ? Thanks
Try this Samsung Behold 2 How To's | The Unlockr

Its a great video tut.
Tell me if you have any questions.

BH_MAN - =D I can't wait lol. Have a great weekend!

Upvote 0

Well that's not totally true. I am back running twix with very little fc and no bugs.I tried to put galaxy on my phone and it froze during the download in odin. My phone wouldn't even turn on stayed at the android screen. I went to put it into download mode again and odin couldnt recognize it. must have pulled the battery 50 times before it found it. So I went back to twix. Now I can't get odin to recognize it again re installed drivers and everything. Tried a xp computer just about eveything. Also when I plug in my phone weither ac dc or computer it shuts off and have a hell of a time to get it to turn on while plugged in. So to make a long story short some phones have problems wth certain roms while others can run it with no problems.
There is some missing link to why.

Upvote 0
Well, The Major thing is I'm trying to Fix the Voice with Nav... tracking down the problem had proven not to be simple.

So BH_MAN , sorry to bother you , Rightnow I'm having R8 Galaxy 1.6 , I want to switch back to stock android 1.6 with vibration . I just need Odin to install OPS and BH_MAN_STOCK_FIX MD5 file right ?

Since you said TAKE5 rom has some problem , and It is not good for newbi . You think for me as a newbi , just install Stock 1.6 android for complete package of newbie . Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones