1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bell and Howell C714

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PlatinumWolf, Dec 15, 2013.

1. PlatinumWolf

PlatinumWolf Newbie

Ok I just recently paid for this crap tablet from ollies store. 70 dollars for it dies in ab9out 45min from full charge yes 100% kill time 0% = 45min if its turned off at 100% dead in 5 hours. so not only do I obviously need a new battery the company does not have a support for tablets only cameras. this being said there is no root guide for the C714 either and as popular as rooting is I think I am going to try to figure this thing out maybe or if someone else has the same issue or has come across this and found a viable root please let me know. This is all depending on if i can find a battery for this thing. its running jellybean 1.2ghz 512mb ram so its not even that great of one however if "we" can figure this tablet out it gives an oppurtunity for a cheap tablet to be bought to people that cant afford double that for a low end tablet. Hit me up with idea thoughts concerns hell even trash talk :) all good.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Welcome to Android Forums.

This thread was moved from Android Lounge to the forum dedicated to discussing tablets that do not have a dedicated forum.

... Thom

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Bell & Howell? ...not heard of that brand in years. A once noble name in movie projectors and other motion picture equipment, and is now just a brand for some cheapo tat...LOL.

Poor battery life is frequently an issue with these things, usually because they've only got a small low-capacity battery in the things. You could try using a USB battery pack with it, or try finding a suitable replacement LiPo battery that would physically fit inside.

4. PlatinumWolf

PlatinumWolf Newbie

yeah so cheap there is no info that they even made them nor cust support on them haha

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Besides Bell & Howell...I'm sure Polaroid and Kodak had the same problem, once your core industry dries up, i.e. film, film cameras, movie projectors and the like. You lend your name to cheapo Chinese tablets...LOL.