• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bell Canada SUCKS !!!!

atmasters

Android Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2010
Canada B.C.
Man Bell Canada is sooooo slow in updating my phone. I Know there are threads about his but just wanted to say it again. I love the phone and am not having any real big problems with it but would like to see if I could get more life out of my Battery and I would like to be up to date. I am not a big fan of Samsung not pushing this update to all phones :(

Why are you blaming Samsung?

You clearly do not know how the update process works with operator branded phones.

Samsung release the latest vanilla, unbranded, firmware to all the operators.

It is then up to the operators to add their own bloatware, boot screens, logos, etc; and in some cases, even remove applications.

They then have to return it to Samsung for release.

Therefore, if you have an operator who is either disinterested or just plain tardy it is hardly Samsung's fault.

There are two things that you can do...

1. Start petitioning your operator

2. Root your phone and you can install the latest firmware as soon as it is released.

Reactions: JohnnyGaloshes
Upvote 0
Why are you blaming Samsung?

You clearly do not know how the update process works with operator branded phones.

Samsung release the latest vanilla, unbranded, firmware to all the operators.

It is then up to the operators to add their own bloatware, boot screens, logos, etc; and in some cases, even remove applications.

They then have to return it to Samsung for release.

Therefore, if you have an operator who is either disinterested or just plain tardy it is hardly Samsung's fault.

There are two things that you can do...

1. Start petitioning your operator

2. Root your phone and you can install the latest firmware as soon as it is released.

I know this and not really blaming Samsung for this I blame Bell Canada for not caring about updates that is why my subject line says Bell Canada sucks not Samsung. But I do wish that our phones can just be updated normally and not go threw the carriers. I know this will not happen because the carriers need to add to it but I just wish it did not happen this way and that way we all can benefit from the updates. You know like how Iphone does it. When a update come out they do not go threw the carriers. And that is were I place some of the blame on Samsung they could do it that way.

Upvote 0
Oh not into rooting this phone since my last phone had nothing but problems and when it broke I lost the phone because of rooting and warranty was void. So no need to root this phone and I tried ORDIN but it did not work for me and almost screwed that up. For me I just wish we did not have to go out side the normal stock way of doing things. It is not that big of deal not a hater just wishing this little over sight would be changed when it comes to updating.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones