• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bell Canada users and Brazilian Users - Galaxy 7500L (notice the L)

hey guys im just a bit confused i recieved a Samsung galaxy from bell. .I wish to root and reflash it. People are stating that the bell Galaxy is i7500L i used the Android system info app and it doesn't say anywhere that it is i7500L. it says i have a Samsung GT i7500 board. My device is a GT-i7500. CUPCAKE.BMIK6.

Upvote 0
i used the Android system info app and it doesn't say anywhere that it is i7500L. it says i have a Samsung GT i7500 board. My device is a GT-i7500. CUPCAKE.BMIK6.

Double check. See the box, the user guide, the warranty. Check everywhere.

Update:
An if it's IK6, why would you reflash it? The latest firmware on this side of Atlantic ocean is IK5 )

I guess Drakaz's recovery would work just fine for the rooting purposes though.

Upvote 0
no, if we did we would be able to fix the ones that are bricked by flashing the amss file

rastaman please try to get the tar file please, I just phoned bell to see if its back from repair(3 weeks ago) and they told me "oH! sorry we didn't send the phone to repair, the system do not allow us to do it, I will try to send it again today if i cant you can come and pick up your phone and your deposit(35$) im so piss off, i was like fk!! i called them 1 week ago and they didn't tell me about it, they just said call again in 1 week, I don't know what to do :(

I want my samsung galaxy from bell working i dont care if i have to pay! D:

Phona64 got the samsung galaxy he has it working, is there a way that he can get or extract the tar file to fix my phone and kam187's phone ( if he wants to xD )

hey guys im just a bit confused i recieved a Samsung galaxy from bell. .I wish to root and reflash it. People are stating that the bell Galaxy is i7500L i used the Android system info app and it doesn't say anywhere that it is i7500L. it says i have a Samsung GT i7500 board. My device is a GT-i7500. CUPCAKE.BMIK6.

Pleaseee I need your help D:!!!!! I need the tar file from the boardban so i can make work my galaxy i flashed it whit odin. and bell is no able to repair it or they just don't want D: If you can extract it alone or with the help of rastaman i would be so so so so so happy! please i'm begging for help

Upvote 0
rastaman please try to get the tar file please, I just phoned bell to see if its back from repair(3 weeks ago) and they told me "oH! sorry we didn't send the phone to repair, the system do not allow us to do it, I will try to send it again today if i cant you can come and pick up your phone and your deposit(35$) im so piss off, i was like fk!! i called them 1 week ago and they didn't tell me about it, they just said call again in 1 week, I don't know what to do :(

I want my samsung galaxy from bell working i dont care if i have to pay! D:

Phona64 got the samsung galaxy he has it working, is there a way that he can get or extract the tar file to fix my phone and kam187's phone ( if he wants to xD )

Pleaseee I need your help D:!!!!! I need the tar file from the boardban so i can make work my galaxy i flashed it whit odin. and bell is no able to repair it or they just don't want D: If you can extract it alone or with the help of rastaman i would be so so so so so happy! please i'm begging for help

hey i would be happy to help. i'm not sure how to extract it someone would have to show me how if it is at all possible. Also i wouldn't wanna have it screw up my phone in the process.

Upvote 0
hey i would be happy to help. i'm not sure how to extract it someone would have to show me how if it is at all possible. Also i wouldn't wanna have it screw up my phone in the process.

you cannot extract the baseband/amss file
you will need to wait till samsung release an update that includes this file then flash with odin

Upvote 0
i'M GONA CRY!! D: ( NOT REALLY BUT MAY BE :p )

SO I GUESS I JUST HAVE TO WAIT, (T_T) (>_<) (y_y) :(

Guys,
I'm kind of "out of time" to come here and explain how the brazilians are doing to flash their phones!
We created a group (unfortunately in Portuguese-BR) where some guys flashed the PDA firmware and a crazy guy flashed the whole phone (PDA, Phone and CSC)!!

The group is here:
Galaxy Android Brasil | Google Groups

What can I say for now:
1- Using the Android system information app (found in market) everybody stated our Brazilians phones are GT-i7500! None of them have a "L" in the system informations!
2- Using this information, a guy (Feij

Upvote 0
seems some people are not using the 7500L

I though so too, but how did they get it there? eBay purchase from another country?

Fernando,

could you please double check if you can find any mention of your phone being i7500L. Check the box, the manual, the warranty leaflet, check the sticker under the battery.

Ask that guy, Feij

Upvote 0
I use Win 7. I believe you can use any Windows as long as you have drivers correctly installed and Odin sees your phone.

Just remove the phone part as described above and then follow the guide on flashing, the Odin part of it.
http://androidforums.com/samsung-i7500/13692-how-odin-galexo-rom-s.html

Informale,
Do you have a link to download the latest firmware? Ik5?
I've tried two differents links, but none of them seems to work!
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
http://dl1.gettyfile.com:8080/46/455700/I7500XXIK5-PDA-CL99814-REV5_ITV_.tar

Do you have the file or any other link?

Upvote 0
Rapidshare link works.

The easiest way is to download with Samsung FUS Dowloader directly from Samsung:
http://androidforums.com/samsung-i7500/13856-samsung-fus-downloader.html

In FUS change csc version to I7500ITVIG6, pda and phone to I7500XXIG8.

Thanks, brother!
I just downloaded the I7500XXIK5-PDA-CL99814-REV5_ITV_.tar to my computer!
I'm using Linux, so it's easy to see what is inside.
There are 5 archives in there:
amss
chache.img
kernel
recovery
system

I just removed the amss from the .tar file and moving to winows to start the update. Is it ok, so far?

I tried to find in the forum something about nandroid to backup the my phone just in case of fail!
Is it safe? Should I do a backup first or this is useless in case of fail?

I know I can find all the answers in the forum, but I want to double check, cause this phone was very expensive! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones