• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bell Galaxy S2 firmware

I read on another forum that Tasker may need to be reinstalled. How do I do that without repaying?

If the OTA does require tasker to be reinstalled, you simply uninstall it and then reinstall it from the market. Since you already paid for it and the phone is registered to the same gmail account you will not have to pay again. I would recommend backing up your profiles and uninstalling tasker prior to the update if you are sure it will be affected.

Upvote 0
unfortunately the official version on bell is still 2.3.3 and you don't have the option to check for updates with the phone with this version. If you really want to update you can always do it with Odin and don't need to root to update. I was tired of waiting for something official from Bell so I flashed 2.3.6 KK5 and am very pleased with it so far.

If you turn down the system volume all the way down in the sound options I believe will shut down camera sound. I'm not using my sgsii right now so maybe you can confirm.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones