1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Bell i7500L Google Maps placing me FAR away

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Snazzy, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    I have the Bell i7500L and I really like it except for one annoyance that I hope you can help me with please. Google maps/Latitude ALWAYS places me in the wrong city of Montreal when idle. I live 4000KM to the West in Vancouver!

Once the GPS or WIFI is turned on and it gets a fix it locates me correctly BUT if I leave google maps to look at any other application or the phones sleeps and I return to maps it thinks I am in Montreal again even though GPS or WIFI is still on. :thinking: This behavior is preventing me from enjoying Latitude and location aware applications like Locale. Any help is welcome. Thank you.

When I first got the i7500L maps would place me in Croatia! At least now I am in the right country.

Advertisement

2. informale

informale Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Scotland
  3. alanfischer85

alanfischer85 Member

Jan 3, 2010
    I am a Bell user... the same is happening with me. I live in Toronto but sometimes google maps and latitude point me to montreal. Do not know whether it is a Bell issue or not. I am looking forward to unlock it and try it on in another country or at least with another service provider (Fido, Rogers, ...).