• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Benchmark ms and mflop issues...advice?

inssane

Android Expert
Dec 17, 2009
Chi-Town
My benchmarks are at about 800-900ms with Bugless Beast 7.6 at 1200mhz!! WTF? I have some widgets, but email and text primarily, nothing like a facebook widget. And the weather widget is set to get info every four hours.
What am I doing wrong? It is very quick, but my benchmarks are way off.
My mflops are about 10.

Any advice, since this benchmarking is a newer topic for me?
Nick

I take it previous version of BB didn't do that. I dunno, I have about 150 apps or so and many of the same widgets (not the news and weather widget, though) and I get 173-5ms regularly, besting at 166ms.

There's no ill effects on your speed at all, right?

Benchmarks are now the same with 7.7 as with 7.6
I am using Linpack and CPU Benchmark for these measurements.
My Droid still feels very fast, but I feel like I am missing something.

Upvote 0
What's your CPU governor setting in SetCPU?

When you benchmark in SetCPU, especially on the ondemand or conservative powersave settings, you need to run one benchmark to get the proc running hot, then immediately perform another one.

If you have a task manager app, kill what you can before you run the benchmark. Airplane mode also helps. Try to run it with these settings and see if that helps.

10 mflops is not bad at all, sounds about right for 1200 mhz. That tells me that nothing is wrong except for the SetCPU benchmark reading.

Remember, numbers are just that, numbers. It's the user experience that really matters.

Upvote 0

When you benchmark in SetCPU, especially on the ondemand or conservative powersave settings, you need to run one benchmark to get the proc running hot, then immediately perform another one.

If you have a task manager app, kill what you can before you run the benchmark. Airplane mode also helps. Try to run it with these settings and see if that helps.

10 mflops is not bad at all, sounds about right for 1200 mhz. That tells me that nothing is wrong except for the SetCPU benchmark reading.

Remember, numbers are just that, numbers. It's the user experience that really matters.

My CPU governor is set to ondemand. is that a good thing or is there any advantage to change it? Im running at 1ghz and will stay there

Upvote 0

I was using that other app, not SetCPU.
With Set CPU I have gotten a best of 120. I average 150ish.
Thanks though!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones