• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Benchmark tests DX - Evo - N1 (Froyo)

U mean the part wiith the fps running at the bottom? I getting lost now.....lol

Yeah. My EVO runs the video test of going down the hall at 7-10fps and will jump to 24 sometimes. The planets test it is around 24fps but weirdly it will spike past 40fps for like 1 frame? then the DNA video test it only runs it at around 9fps. Its bullshit and htc needs to uncap the fps issue.

Upvote 0
Dude, you are one of the worst fanbois period. Someone that will say anything about another phone to make it look bad before your mommy buys you the phone you want.

The X will have issues too. All phones do. The HTC right now is resolving the issues, unlike Apple. LOL

Im not trying to look bad sorry i do research before i purchase a phone and maybe if u cant read and see the article that was on here then yeah i guess i am a fanboy as u say.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
A few misconceptions in this thread......

First now that the 30 pfs cap has been broken, the evo is getting avg 55-60 fps, and will get better once the fix is refined.

As has been stated, the EVO definately takes better pictures, the software is better.

AND IF I SEE SOMEONE SAY THIS STUPID LIE AGAIN, ILL GO CRAZY...

Here's a block diagram of the Droid X's OMAP 3630 processor, on page 3:

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ml/swpt024b/swpt024b.pdf

Here's a reference for the Snapdragon 8650:

Qualcomm Products and Services - The Snapdragon Platform

The Droid X does not have a separate GPU - its PowerVR SGX530 GPU is part of the SoC (system on chip) architecture.

The EVO does not lack a GPU - its AMD Z430 GPU is part of the SoC.

Please share these two important facts with everyone you know or will ever meet.

Upvote 0
A few misconceptions in this thread......

First now that the 30 pfs cap has been broken, the evo is getting avg 55-60 fps, and will get better once the fix is refined.

As has been stated, the EVO definately takes better pictures, the software is better.

AND IF I SEE SOMEONE SAY THIS STUPID LIE AGAIN, ILL GO CRAZY...

Here's a block diagram of the Droid X's OMAP 3630 processor, on page 3:

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ml/swpt024b/swpt024b.pdf

Here's a reference for the Snapdragon 8650:

Qualcomm Products and Services - The Snapdragon Platform

The Droid X does not have a separate GPU - its PowerVR SGX530 GPU is part of the SoC (system on chip) architecture.

The EVO does not lack a GPU - its AMD Z430 GPU is part of the SoC.

Please share these two important facts with everyone you know or will ever meet.

Just for correction... the Droid X has the OMAP 3640 from what I've read. :) And no one here is saying that. You don't have to try to prove a point that no one has brought up. lol

The EVO takes better pictures? Not according to PC World.

Upvote 0
No, according to PC world, with their own pictures, the EVO pictures look the best out of the 4 here.

Smartphone Camera Battle: iPhone 4 vs. the Android Army - PCWorld

The Droid are very fuzzy, and the iphone's are a bit blurry. While the EVO has some sharpness without the fuzzy look. Others also agree that do photoshop with deal DSLRs in the comments.

According to PC World, the iPhone 4 is the winner in the picture quality department followed by Droid X. Where did they say that the EVO was #1?

Upvote 0
According to PC World, the iPhone 4 is the winner in the picture quality department followed by Droid X. Where did they say that the EVO was #1?

PC World are not professional photographers. Sorry to say they need to look at the photos in more detail as you can tell which ones look the best. Again, others AGREE in the comments that use DSLR's.

Upvote 0
PC World are not professional photographers. Sorry to say they need to look at the photos in more detail as you can tell which ones look the best. Again, others AGREE in the comments that use DSLR's.

Hmm... I've looked through the comments and can't find one that says the EVO's image was the best. I've seen several people mention that the Droid X was best though. I've seen some people mention that they have a DSLR but no mention of an EVO. I saw someone say that his Incredible was more accurate than the iPhone 4, but no mention of the Droid X.

Upvote 0
Like I said, I don't own a EVO. So I am not biased like you are.

You may not own an EVO, but it sure looks like you're waiting for an EVO from your post history. It's clearly evident.

I don't have a Droid X, so I'm not biased either. Am I planning to get one though? Yes. Can I switch over to the Sprint network to get the EVO? Yes. Why not? Because I believe that the Droid X is better. I'm sure you believe that the EVO is better.. actually, I'm positive of that.

Lets agree to disagree. :D

Upvote 0
Hmm... I've looked through the comments and can't find one that says the EVO's image was the best. I've seen several people mention that the Droid X was best though. I've seen some people mention that they have a DSLR but no mention of an EVO. I saw someone say that his Incredible was more accurate than the iPhone 4, but no mention of the Droid X.

YouTube - Droid X Vs HTC Evo [HQ][New Video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knz4NbpcRUg&feature=player_embedded

Plenty of these videos out that say EVO is better shooting pics. Not that it matters with this evo vs x whatever. Anyone on verizon is gonna say X blah blah blah, same with sprint. If you like it then buy it, but there is no amount of words you can say to make someone have your opinion so just stop trying. Both are good phones, but IMO network, price plan, and person preference is more important factors.

Upvote 0
I'm not going to let the camera quality be the deciding factor when I get a phone. As long as it's good, and it seems that people's opinions go either way with the EVO and X, but we can agree that they're both pretty good.

What the X has on the EVO is newer generation hardware, which will make it more future resistant.

Yes, Snapdragon has a GPU. People are under the misconception that it doesn't because well, quite frankly, it is underpowered and not a very good performer.

As for the 30fps cap, that is STILL INTACT. You cannot say that it's broken, because the majority of Evo users are not rooted, and are not running the fix.

If we're going to compare rooted devices, who's to say that the Droid X won't get the Sense camera ported over and get all the exact same software benefits?

Who's to say Droid X can't overclock its processor to 2GHz and get even higher benchmarks and take smoother 720p videos?

At stock, both phones are great. I just prefer the X for the reasons I listed above, and because I am (happily) on contract with VZW.

Upvote 0
YouTube - Droid X Vs HTC Evo [HQ][New Video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knz4NbpcRUg&feature=player_embedded

Plenty of these videos out that say EVO is better shooting pics. Not that it matters with this evo vs x whatever. Anyone on verizon is gonna say X blah blah blah, same with sprint. If you like it then buy it, but there is no amount of words you can say to make someone have your opinion so just stop trying. Both are good phones, but IMO network, price plan, and person preference is more important factors.

Uh oh.. LMAO. Am I going to have to dedicate a thread to pointing out all of the wrong things with this "professional review" by... TheStreet TV? <----

I've seen every single comparison video of the Droid X and umm... where are these "videos" that say that the EVO has a better camera over the Droid X? If you can point out any articles, I'd love those too... just to be less ignorant.

Upvote 0
"No, according to PC world, with their own pictures, the EVO pictures look the best out of the 4 here.

Smartphone Camera Battle: iPhone 4 vs. the Android Army - PCWorld

The Droid are very fuzzy, and the iphone's are a bit blurry. While the EVO has some sharpness without the fuzzy look. Others also agree that do photoshop with deal DSLRs in the comments."

"PC World are not professional photographers. Sorry to say they need to look at the photos in more detail as you can tell which ones look the best. Again, others AGREE in the comments that use DSLR's."

I'm confused. Are you saying that PC World IS or IS NOT a legitimate source for camera reviews?

Upvote 0
Uh oh.. LMAO. Am I going to have to dedicate a thread to pointing out all of the wrong things with this "professional review" by... TheStreet TV? <----

I've seen every single comparison video of the Droid X and umm... where are these "videos" that say that the EVO has a better camera over the Droid X? If you can point out any articles, I'd love those too... just to be less ignorant.

Actually im not because as I stated, all of these words dont really mean anything to me. I don't work for HTC or Motorola, Sprint or verizon, so I don't need to sell any phones. I have what I have based on what I like, and who im on contract with. I use my phone to make calls and to have access to the net when im out. Thats all I need. I dont need it to play games, (got an xbox 360 on a 60 inch flat screen), or to watch movies (see flat screen), or any of that other stuff. But I have a phone on a network that doesn't drop calls, a cheap monthly plan, and fast data speed. I for one and happy and thats plenty for me. I will let you guys fight back and forth over what is better.

Upvote 0
Actually im not because as I stated, all of these words dont really mean anything to me. I don't work for HTC or Motorola, Sprint or verizon, so I don't need to sell any phones. I have what I have based on what I like, and who im on contract with. I use my phone to make calls and to have access to the net when im out. Thats all I need. I dont need it to play games, (got an xbox 360 on a 60 inch flat screen), or to watch movies (see flat screen), or any of that other stuff. But I have a phone on a network that doesn't drop calls, a cheap monthly plan, and fast data speed. I for one and happy and thats plenty for me. I will let you guys fight back and forth over what is better.

I guess all of these "plenty of videos" will remain mysterious. Also, my first comment that you quoted was concerning comments for the PC World comparison.

Upvote 0
I guess all of these "plenty of videos" will remain mysterious. Also, my first comment that you quoted was concerning comments for the PC World comparison.

well you can go on youtube and watch them, the same as I did. All i did was search for htc evo, and majority of the recent videos are comparisons with the x, have at it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones