1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Benefit of purchasing higher class SD card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by redwingfaninnc, Jul 3, 2011.

1. redwingfaninnc

None
    Are there significant benefits when one uses a higher class SD card with this phone? I notice occassionaly lag while playing music (256-320kbps, MP3), but am unsure wether to attribute this to the speed of the card. Additionally, could a higher SD class make applications running from SD perform better?

Advertisement

2. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    yes, i recommend at least a class 6 for using apps2sd, class 10 if you want things to be as fast as it is on your phone

3. Viet1982

Viet1982 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Student
    New Orleans
    Agrees with Shabby. You should get the highest class possible, the faster the better. The way I look at is you may not need the speed now, but as other technologies improve you will need the faster speed down the road.

Higher class SDcards are mainly used for video media like video recording. Some devices are going beyond 30 secs per frame and even more now record with high quality high definition. If you have a lower class card it won't be able to keep up with the write speed needed to record video. This is just a side note on why they came up with these types of SDcards but as Shabby said earlier you can make things faster on your phone due to the read/write speeds of a higher class card.