• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Benefits?

Any idea when Bakersfield (2 hours north of Los Angeles) are going to see any benefits from the merger? Just wondering.

Device choices. Coverage differences as now the towers can be dedicated rather than rented (device polling responses/priorities, etc). Perhaps some plan differences, could be for the worse, though. Hope not.

Upvote 0
Yea you will.......... when you get a GSM device. Then better speeds when they do the spectrum combine

Ok, thanks Gman (that's what I call my brother :)) So no cdma phone will access T-mo towers, right? That sucks cause in all the Metro literature it states that we would get better coverage, never mentioned buying a new phone.

metropcs.png

So the way I read it was that I didn't have to do anything, like buy a new phone :mad:. And when will I get gsm phones here and all that good stuff :thinking:.

Upvote 0
Ok, thanks Gman (that's what I call my brother :)) So no cdma phone will access T-mo towers, right? That sucks cause in all the Metro literature it states that we would get better coverage, never mentioned buying a new phone.

View attachment 58219

So the way I read it was that I didn't have to do anything, like buy a new phone :mad:. And when will I get gsm phones here and all that good stuff :thinking:.

you wont have to buy a new phone, but like Gman said, you have to wait till they (T-Mobile-MetroPcs) combine spectrum

Upvote 0
FWIW, I have a pretty good idea they are refarming us. On my Spirit it shows my IP as T-Mo with a Metro as my network.

A couple days ago we had some good speeds here, near 6 but down to 1.5 too. UL were so slow the speed test barely finished, like .13 .15 Mps.

I shot a one full screen of 9 tests through out the day to Metro via a message on their Faceplant.

Yesterday the speeds were much more stable and the UL were coming up nicely. (The two screens of mine are also in the [FLORIDA] speeds thread.)

Might keep it in mind. Help THEM help YOU. (I also sent them the 2nd pic and said "A definite step in the right direction, Thanks!)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
FWIW, I have a pretty good idea they are refarming us. On my Spirit it shows my IP as T-Mo with a Metro as my network.

A couple days ago we had some good speeds here, near 6 but down to 1.5 too. UL were so slow the speed test barely finished, like .13 .15 Mps.

I shot a one full screen of 9 tests through out the day to Metro via a message on their Faceplant.

Yesterday the speeds were much more stable and the UL were coming up nicely. (The two screens of mine are also in the [FLORIDA] speeds thread.)

Might keep it in mind. Help THEM help YOU. (I also sent them the 2nd pic and said "A definite step in the right direction, Thanks!)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Yeah plus they are ahead of schedule I think overall the effects have been minimal

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones