1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Accessories Best accessory to prevent screen shattering?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by isoelectric, Jul 27, 2010.

1. isoelectric

isoelectric Active Member

Jul 1, 2010
    My screen shattered. It dropped three feet onto a hard floor, hit a phone corner and that was it.

Its sent it in to HTC to get repaired but I do NOT want this to happen again. These phones are ridiculously fragile (to a fault) and I would like to know the best case/accessory to stop simple, minor impacts from wrecking the phone. Are there good cases out there which will protect the screen? Like ones elevate the bulk of the phone so that the impacts won't strike the glass?

I had it in a pretty sturdy, magnetized flap case pictured below but it somehow managed to slip out. I'd like a more permanent option or rugged if possible

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Accountant and semi-pro poker player
    Upstate NY
    Best case ever: bubblewrap

[​IMG]

3. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Avionics
    That bubble wrap is on backwards and won't do a good job protecting. Bubbles go in so the corner of an object can't get between the bubbles and hit the item.

4. necosino

Apr 14, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Thank you very much Buzz Killington.. :p

5. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Avionics
    I was adding to the "seriousness". ;)

6. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Female
    Long Island
    The BodyGlove case is probably the bulkiest. The area around the screen is high enough to make using the optical joystick a little inconvenient, and the back is several mm thick so it sits well above the camera lens. Unfortunately it's all hard plastic except for some flocking inside the back and a rubberized surface coating, so I don't know about the impact resistance.

7. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Camden, AR, USA
    Sure makes that BB look like Santa Claus. For an Incredible maybe make one with a bubblewrap door for the screen area? A fun video would be "Best phone case ever"... wrap up a phone in bubble wrap in a MAJOR way and then take it outside and THROW IT FULL FORCE ACROSS A PARKING LOT. LOL.

8. dcladylaw

dcladylaw Member

May 7, 2010
    tech attorney
    Maryland - DC Metro area
    mine was on my lap and dropped out of the car when I got out an onto the concrete under my car...fortunately it did not crack or break. The back case came off and i got a couple of knicks on the edges; my first one got wet in my bag after I put it under my chair at the pool and forgot that I was dripping water through the slats of my chair which got into the bag; I am so not having good luck lately with these

9. necosino

Apr 14, 2010
    Upstate NY
    I think I'm going to grab a $4 dummy phone off eBay and do this just for the shock factor.. Like show me use my real Incredible, then cut to me wrapping the display model, hahaha.

10. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Systems Engineer
    DC
  11. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    You need a better sheath if it slipped out.

12. isoelectric

isoelectric Active Member

Jul 1, 2010
    I've read a few horror stories about the bodyglove so I'm leaning towards the Seido Innocase Rugged. But I've read that its tabs are very easy to break, so I don't really know what to get.

13. Ryd1ZZ

Ryd1ZZ Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I wish otterbox would release their cases already.