• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Best ad-blocker app for android phones and tablet?

James1994

Lurker
Jan 31, 2016
Hello there,

When i was using some apps and games, You might seeing ads below or sidebar that was quite irritating to me and i honestly uncomfortable.

After searching on Google i got few solution for problem. i was stuck with few apps and answers!

Here one guys published the best android apps for adblocker.

After reading article..which app do you recommended me?
  1. Adblack Plus
  2. Adguard
  3. TrustGo
  4. AdAway
  5. AppBrain
Give your valuable feedback to me decide and to use better app.

Thanks,
James!

Have you bought an app lately? it doesn't get rid of the ads anymore. If anything, it gets you MORE ads than ever.

I adblock like a fiend on my windows PC systems strictly because ads are the most frequent delivery system for viruses and malware. It is the biggest reason above any for why it's not a good idea to run an older, unsupported Windows OS anymore; because ad scripting is so bad that it will infect your computer faster than an antivirus could stop it.

It's the same thing with Android now. While it's not inherently necessary to have an antivirus app installed on an Android phone or tablet (yet), ads are so corrosive as to install all sorts of malware.

Annoyingly, about the only relatively safe place would be iOS in this regard, since Apple heavily restricts what ads can do in apps in the first place. And as prevalent as malware is on Windows for PC's, there's hardly any to begin with on Windows phones.

Upvote 0
Annoyingly, about the only relatively safe place would be iOS in this regard, since Apple heavily restricts what ads can do in apps in the first place. And as prevalent as malware is on Windows for PC's, there's hardly any to begin with on Windows phones.
Yeah sure, iOS is totally safe. Note that the Fappening was a total Apple thing, sans Android. Not that Android isn't without its numerous vulnerable aspects but in the real world there is no operating system environment that doesn't have plus and minus points as far as security and privacy issues. Your FUD is just fanning the flames of ignorance, totally not necessary.
As for Windows phones not having hardly any malware, a more glaring aspect is that platform also doesn't have hardly any apps (in a relative sense).

Upvote 0
I never said it was. But I hate the way the likes google and Samsung are going now.

As of Lollipop, Samsung completely broke the ability for Xposed framework to work. Which in turn broke YouTube AdAway. Thanks to mandatory updating via the way Google Play works, I now have to sit through half-minute, unskippable ads because every time I try to simply hit back, swipe it away and reload, it just comes back with the same ad and refuses to play the video until I sit through the thing. And now YouTube has the gall to demand a $9.99/month fee to skip ads. ****. That! :mad:

I know neither environment is wholly safe. But Google and Samsung's moves, combined with the fact that literally nobody wants to make a proper phone anymore, is having me want to look elsewhere. And so far, my only other real experience with a non-Android phone was with an iPhone that at least understood what it meant by having non-intrusive ads, and ads that weren't trying to shove malware at me every goddamn minute.

Upvote 0
Well it's pointless to turn this into a pissing match but just putting aside the need for all of us to vent our frustrations from time to time, given your feelings on the matter why are you even using Android? Why not immerse yourself in Apple's environment, it's huge, very popular, and plenty of active development. If you're so sure there's a better option you're just antagonizing yourself every time you use your phone at this point.

Upvote 0
Because I know there's enough things going on to keep me away from iOS. And at present, nobody is taking Windows phone seriously enough to warrant making a model with support for all the US carriers like Android and iOS have currently.

I was looking forward to getting an LG G4, but recently just got told by LG itself that they do not warranty any unlocked phones, period. In spite of finding a model that should work with most any carrier I would care to ever be on.

Upvote 0
Have you bought an app lately? it doesn't get rid of the ads anymore. If anything, it gets you MORE ads than ever.

I haven't bought an app lately but it is not that long so I don't know what changed so fast but I did bought Crystal Story and Battletime OS a few days ago. No ads on my games and I'm satisfied with what I got so I'm planning to pick up Crystal Story II and another iteration of Battletime. Buying apps never really got me into any ads trouble specially the one you're saying that it install malware in your phone, most of the time it is the user who installs the malware in the ads but not even on my free apps that I experienced those kinds of things since most of what I used can be used offline and that disables the ads. Seriously though, it is the developer who puts ads in their apps, not google and most of the time its the developer of an app that I find useless to even install.

Jump ship if you want since it is your choice and all other choices are good choices anyway, not gonna argue about that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones