• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best aim for droid?

Yeah, in my opinion, Meebo is the best app out there, but recently every single user has been reporting frequent disconnects, so it's out of the picture for a little bit.

That said, I've used every single free AIM application out there and so far eBuddy is the best thing I've found (after Meebo pre-connection errors, of course). Unfortunately, it uses the butt-ugly speech bubble interface, but hey, what're you gonna do? :(

Upvote 0
i prefer meebo over all others as a multi messenger app, but it will kill ur battery faster, right now i just use hi aim for aim since thats what i use the most, i guess it depends if you want to leave soomthing running all the time. meebo really killed my battery life when i left it running all day.

Upvote 0
Anyone like Nimbuzz other than me?

I use Nimbuzz because it displays the contact avatar and alias in the list and eBuddy does not. I am hoping Pidgin moves tot he DROID. I have all my contacts listed there manually with the aliases - regardless if the people set that up.

My only issue with Nimbuzz is the frequent "reconnecting"s. Ohh... and I can use multiple accounts of the same service (work created an account for me)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones