1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best Android Camera App?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by AxleBlaze_, Oct 22, 2014.

1. AxleBlaze_

AxleBlaze_ Lurker

There's a whole barrage of android camera apps in the Play Store, most of which promise to improve image quality. Now I can't go around testing every app, so I came here for suggestions.

I'm not a big photographer and no, I don't want effects and fish-eye lenses, an editing app will do that for me. I want an app that easily detects what condition I'm shooting in (though I don't mind if I do have to tinker a bit) and gives me the best pure, un-edited image. I hope you get what I'm trying to say here. I currently use the normal Google Camera.

Also, I use a Moto G 2014 as my phone, if that helps any.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

No third-party camera app is going to improve image quality over what the built-in camera hardware and the stock camera app can do. IMO the Google camera app is as good as any to use. All that many of them do is just add effects, like fish-eye, beautify, Lomo, etc, and that's it.

Any camera app basically instructs the Android system to take a picture via the camera API, and there's only limited number of parameters it can pass to the camera API, like colour temperature, flash mode, HDR, and focus mode, e.g. auto, infinity or macro. Anything else is within the camera app and is just software, post processing the image that the Android system returned. Lollipop 5.0 is supposed to be bringing new camera features to Android photography.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

The only additions any camera app would have is possibly more control of post processing features than stock, but it won't make the camera better. And those post processing features can be done on editing apps, the only difference being them automated.

4. 9000cody

9000cody Well-Known Member

Google camera Is great

johnny_w and AxleBlaze_ like this.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sometimes manufacturers will add features that are not in the standard Android camera API, and so no third-party camera apps can do them. Such as extended exposure timing.
    [​IMG]
    15 second exposure is great for night photography. Oppo Find 7, stock camera app.

AxleBlaze_ likes this.
  6. Dazg300

Dazg300 Member

With a previous phone I found an app that enabled a smoother zoom function.
    My current phone has a visibly stepped zoom.Does anyone know which app I'm thinking of ?

7. DomingoLewis

DomingoLewis Newbie

I agree with this, but if you really want to try new camera apps you can also choose here:

15 best camera apps for Android

1.Camera MX
    2.Camera ZOOM FX
    3.Camera360 Ultimate
    4.Camera Fun Pro
    5.Camera JB+
    6.Cymera
    7.DSLR Camera Pro
    8.GIF Camera
    9.Google Camera
    10.HD Camera Ultra
    11.LINE Camera