1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Best android IDE setup...

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by dbairduk, Feb 20, 2011.

1. dbairduk

dbairduk Newbie
    None

Feb 1, 2011
    Software Developer
    Lancashire, UK
    Ok I just attempted to set-up the android SDK today to their instructions.
    Well for a start the instructions seem wrong. The recommended Eclipse classic was missing quite a few references needed to get ADT to install.
    Eclipse 3.6 Java version worked well though.
    I do a bit of web development so a J2EE configured eclipse seemed a better choice for me.
    Having worked with Java commercially, there are allot of tools and frameworks that assist in developing applications.. I am a fan of Spring IOC, and noticed spring have an android version in beta.

I also always use maven with Java aapplications as it manages dependencies and building applications.

Spring have a version of eclipse called springsource tool suite. This is basically Eclipse 3.6 J2EE configured with maven and all the spring tools. You will need to configure the ADT and the Maven Android Plug-in, this will allow you to add libraries at configuration level rather than hunting them down on the web and adding them to your class path .

I am yet to play with the spring part dependency injection is worth its weight in gold when developing n-tier applications.

Whats your Android IDE set-up like?

Advertisement

2. Ehrgeiz

Ehrgeiz Lurker
    None

Jan 20, 2012
    - aptana and phonegap right now. Let's see what the heck it can do with an NON-NATIVE APP project. :)

- if God made someone who can integrate a plugin for Dropbox in Eclipse: I'd die happy.

3. jonathanrz

jonathanrz Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 19, 2012
    C++ programmer
    Brazil - Blumenau, SC