1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

best android mobile phone??

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by antojuve, Feb 16, 2011.

1. antojuve

antojuve Lurker

hi, im new in the android world! and yet i dosent have any android phone :( but i want it!! :)

my question is, which is the best mobile phone with android OS??

HTC? samsung, LG, motorala??.....

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Welcome to the forums!

They all make some great phones.

And - they each add their own special software or hardware features unique to their own brands.

The great thing about Android is choice - there are plenty of great phones to match different user needs and tastes.

My advice for the best Android phone:

* Pick the best carrier for you
    * Pick the best phone on that carrier, in your opinion, after trying them out a little

3. Reap

Reap Member

My recommendation are:
    a) LG Optimus 2, which will be the first Dual-Core Android phone that will be sold in the US which will start selling next month I believe
    b) Any Google flagship phone, which is the Nexus line, because Nexus's will always get OS updates first

4. liquidmonkey

liquidmonkey Well-Known Member

with a huge variety of screen sizes to choose from, i'd answer that question first and then take it from there.

what size screen do you want?

5. Usta

Usta Android Expert

a) Optimus 2X gets loses to LG's own Optimus 3D. :D
    b) Nexus One - too old, Nexus S - not impressive. Both lose to dual-cores and will be replaced by the next Nexus in a few months (together with OS v2.4).

6. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert

Always select your carrier first. Then define your needs/wants. Best doesn't mean anything without that context.

7. liquidmonkey

liquidmonkey Well-Known Member

where are you?
    if your in europe then a carrier means nothing.

8. Reap

Reap Member

LOL true that! But damn, hearing about one phone and waiting for the release date then hearing about a newer better phone when the first phone you were looking at is about to released... Somethings always around the corner.

9. Scaram99

Scaram99 Lurker

I believe that now, the best phone would be between Galaxy S and HTC desire HD. These two are just unbelievable to run apps or games with amazing video results. I found a portal with a ton of really interesting apps and games in an famous spanish site, let me share it with you guys.
    http://appsandroidnation.blogspot.com

10. Usta

Usta Android Expert

Now would be a bad time to consider what the best phone is, because the better phones are coming just next month.
    Desire HD has very week battery for my taste and Galaxy S SW needs to be further optimized. Besides, it just got replaced by a new model: SGS2.

11. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!

Ever since last summer, Android phones haven't really taken any big strides in improvement. That's all about to change with the dual-core processor phones due out this first quarter.

I think of it like a particular model car that has had the same body design for 4 years... slight improvements here and there between years, but the upcoming year will be a bold new redesign. This would actually be a legitimate time to wait for the next best thing. The Galaxy S2 looks tons better than its predecessor, for example, and I don't just mean aesthetics.

Like another poster said: carrier first. Then figure out what you need most from your phone, Big/small screen? physical keyboard or touchscreen slab? Manufacturer support, upgrades? Rooting community? etc.

12. bullitt6996

bullitt6996 Newbie

Hmmm...that's an interesting question at this point with all the new goodies coming out. The basics would probably be; 1. Carrier? 2. Abilities wanted in device 3. R U going to root?

I will always maintain that the Droid 1 is the all time great, near impossible to brick with a lot of capability/Roms/themes once rooted. For non rooted, and if you are a picking out a new service, the HTC Thunderbolt seems to have everyone's attention. I would check out reviews on engadget or amazon for details on the units you're interested in. Good luck and welcome aboard!