1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best Android phone for me with this criteria?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Sento, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Sento

Sento Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend the best and cheapest Android phone that has (ordered from highest to lowest priority) (under 300$, but maybe a bit over 300$ if needed)

1. Lte support with tmobile and att
    2. Expandable memory (not just built in internal)
    3. Scratch resistant screen
    4. Replaceable battery
    5. Metal body

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Sithlord1981

Sithlord1981 Newbie

Moto G 3 or LG Stylo. I know some of the Chinese stuff had goof specks last year too, but I have no experience with them.If you wait till after Mobile World Congress next month a lot of devices will be going down in price to make room for the new ones.

3. Sithlord1981

Sithlord1981 Newbie

PS only Stylo tmobile/metro version. The sprint one is junk.

4. Sento

Sento Well-Known Member

thanks a lot man, the moto g3 seems PERFECT!!!

does it support ATT LTE? i notice it has lte bands "800 (band 20), 900 (band 8), 1800 (band 3), 2100 (band 1), 2600 (band 7) MHz"

and att is 17, 5, 2 and 3

and tmobile is bands 2 and 4, so does that mean moto g3 wont get LTE with tmobile or att? i thought they both sell that phone...

5. Sithlord1981

Sithlord1981 Newbie

I don't really know the bands. I've never heard of anyone having a problem withIT . the my Friend has one on tmobile.
    I've never had a Motorola, but I think every company should have something like the Moto maker. I had the stylO of a few years ago. get a lot for your money.

6. Sento

Sento Well-Known Member

i seea wesome man! wondering if i should step up to the moto x, but then i notice its not waterproof, and doesnt expandable memory... seems to me like the g3 is the better phone for almost half the price!

7. Sithlord1981

Sithlord1981 Newbie

That gets Said about that phone every year. Not JUST About The X either. It really proves that it's not always about the specs on paper.

8. Sento

Sento Well-Known Member

but damn looking at the moto x pure, it seems like an awesome deal!! and considering i almost considered getting an iphone for 649$ and this has a 21 Mp camera....im very tempted to use some 6 month no interest...

9. Sithlord1981

Sithlord1981 Newbie

Idk, I'd do some more research if camera is high on your list now. Like I was saying hi numbers on paper don't always translate into good in the real world. I have a note for and it blows the camera way on the droid turbo that's at 21 Too. I'm sure you'll figure it out. My Thoughts on apple! Android_vs_Apple-wallpaper-10252793.jpg Android_vs_Apple-wallpaper-10252793.jpg

10. Sento

Sento Well-Known Member

Rofl nice, btw what do you think of the zenfone 2? 4gb ram...intel processor... :O 229$ for 16gb +sd card.

11. Sithlord1981

Sithlord1981 Newbie

I had made a list when I was deciding what to pick for my sister. It made it to the short list. I can't really remember why I scratched it. I kinda think a review said it won't work on tmobile in some parts of the country. I could be wrong about that. I have mixed feeling's about all the Chinese devices getting ready to flood our markets. It kind of reminds me of Walmart. It's debatable. My Note was close to $700. I was hesitant about it, because that's more than my first car cost, but I'm still more than happy that iv got it. It was worth every penny. The multitasking and functionality still blow me away a year later. I don't think anything can touch it. I went and looked at the new 5 bUT I would have really felt like I was downgrading having to leave my hundred and twenty eight gigs storage Card behind and can't swap my battery anymore. And then when marshmallow rolls out Ill have the same air command as the five so it been pointless to change at this point I'm hoping they wise up and have these features back for the 6 or I'll probably just be moving to Nexus.

12. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

Zenfone is nice.... but I'm wary of the Intel Powered devices (that may be just me, but there are some apps that won't run... and then upgrades don't always happen)

Surprised nobody has mentioned it....

but this is worth a look
    http://androidforums.com/forums/honor-5x.3283/