1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Best Android Phone on Telus

Discussion in 'TELUS' started by Shozzking, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Shozzking

Shozzking Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Hi everyone,
    I'm looking at getting an android phone that'll work with telus. I want to get the best one possible while spending less than $550 off of contract. Right now I'm looking at the HTC desire and the Nexus One. The desire would cost me $450 CAD while the nexus one would be $530 US. However I believe that the nexus one would last me longer as it would get updates for a longer period of time. What would you go for? Are there any other phones that I should consider or should I wait for a newer phone to be released within the next month or two?

Advertisement

2. nomnompie

nomnompie Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    I read somewhere that Rogers is getting the Samsung Captivate (The AT&T version of the Galaxy S).. Don't know when or if it's definitely true, I think I saw Sept. for the date. Google it and you'll see. You could also look for an unlocked AT&T captivate if you want, but I wouldn't recommend with the AT&T branding and how they don't allow non market apps to be installed without doing it yourself with ADB.

I'm also looking into getting a new phone, but I'm waiting for something newer/cooler than what's currently out. :D

3. Shozzking

Shozzking Member

Aug 19, 2010
    rogers doesnt use the same bands as telus so that wouldnt work. bell has the galaxy S and its $499 but an unlock code would be $100.

4. nomnompie

nomnompie Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Hmmm, I'm pretty sure Rogers is 850/1900 as is Telus and AT&T. Bell to my knowledge is cdma (doesn't use sim cards) so that wouldn't work. :thinking:

Unless Rogers changed I'm almost positive they are the same.

(edit) discovered I am mistaken about Bell. Still though I think Rogers is the same freq.

5. Shozzking

Shozzking Member

Aug 19, 2010
    rogers and bell are the same frequency because they share networks. I'm pretty sure that I'll go with a galaxy s if i can get a decent discount on the unlock code through work. if not then I've heard that telus is getting a newer android phone.